Hello from Morecambe.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPlogger

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi people.
I'm Jason (32) and recently bought a new black BMW S1000RR sports with the performance pack. Awesome bike nevermind veering to the right, which requires bmw's attention :-/
Anyway I just been to the IOM TT races on the bike still restricted to run in and had an absolute blast.

I've always been into bikes even before being born! My mum, dad, sister, uncle, aunts and cousins are bikers also. So I grew up into a family of bikers off road and on road.

Ever since riding scrambler bikes on my families farm as young as about 5 I've had the love for biking.

Since getting my license I've had many Road bikes, the BMW being the second new bike I've bought.

I have a good range of mechanical skills having been taught by mostly my dad (engineer) and reading manuals. Last year I stripped down a Honda cbr 600 engine and performed a complete refresh on the engine.

In September I plan to travel to Switzerland with my old man on our bikes, I cannot wait. Although I need to prepare for travelling through Europe, one thing I'm not certain about is the headlights on the BMW (obviously being on the opposite side of the road).

So I'm a qualified electrician and work for a contracting company and also work for myself at times. Work I am experienced with is industrial work (AC & DC motors, control circuits, pic's, etc etc, also contracting on commercial, domestic and industrial. If anyone needs any advice I can provide. :)

So I think I've written quite a bit up to this point, if anyone would like to know more I'm willing to give more ;-)

Good intro HP now you've got the right turn thing off your chest! No issues with bike lights on the continent, just make sure you check (AA website) the requirements for what you have to carry for each country you're travelling through.

Welcome Jason, great intro :)

The headlights are the same part EU and UK so I would assume there's nothing to do they are set neutral from what I can gather. Maybe you just want a Dipped HID ;)

Welcome to the forum HP, great intro mate. dean (flatstick) is from your neck of the woods in morecambe, he's also got the gen 3 in black dripping in carbon, be careful of him though he has a tendency of running into people (usually on track days)����

You will love Switzerland mate. Been a few times and also been on the bike. The paying tax at the border is deffo worth the riding conditions. Place is immaculate. Not a fag butt or piece of chewing gum on the ground.

Welcome aboard mate, enjoy

You will love Switzerland mate. Been a few times and also been on the bike. The paying tax at the border is deffo worth the riding conditions. Place is immaculate. Not a fag butt or piece of chewing gum on the ground.

Welcome aboard mate, enjoy

Missed the Switzerland bit there, I'll second Mazs comments, it's stunning...I've done it on a Blade...the mountain passes are awesome...we ended up in Davos one night...there's a boozer on the main street there called the EX Bar... worth a drop in..

You'll love it

Missed the Switzerland bit there, I'll second Mazs comments, it's stunning...I've done it on a Blade...the mountain passes are awesome...we ended up in Davos one night...there's a boozer on the main street there called the EX Bar... worth a drop in..

You'll love it

+1 Some of the best roads I've seen!

The Stelvio pass is definately worth a visit if your passing

Awesome, I'll bare it all in mind thanks. Think I'll be out on the bike everyday going places getting lost and having a quality time. Must start planning, noting these places down and familiarising myself with the maps :))

Can't say that the Stelvio is my cup of tea. First off, it's very busy with cars, bikes, cyclists, walkers, etc unless you go there at dawn, and secondly it's a bit shit and scary on a bike. I understand why people do go and do it for the sake of it but there are many brilliant passes/rides around Switzerland that are so much better fun to ride generally, and without the top gear tourist brigade.

I don't recall paying taxes at the Swiss border?

Can't say that the Stelvio is my cup of tea. First off, it's very busy with cars, bikes, cyclists, walkers, etc unless you go there at dawn, and secondly it's a bit shit and scary on a bike. I understand why people do go and do it for the sake of it but there are many brilliant passes/rides around Switzerland that are so much better fun to ride generally, and without the top gear tourist brigade.

I don't recall paying taxes at the Swiss border?

We didn't pay taxes.. But it was 6 or 7 years ago.

And each to his own I suppose, we were probably just lucky that it wasn't busy?

Last edited:
Hairpin after hairpin does sound like hardwork, I'd think going up was more fun than down.

Hi HP, great intro, done the Swiss job a few times on GSA and once on a S1000rr, like everyone says awesome place with not a blade of grass cut the wrong length, really special. On entry to Switzerland you are required to buy a little tax sticker "vignette" that is required to be fitted to the front of your windscreen, it lasts a whole year. If you are unlucky and a cop catches you without it it is quite a large on the spot fine, last time I bought one in 2012 it was around ?30.
You will have a ball, you certainly love your bikes, great to have a real rider like you on the forum.

Welcome, JimmyMac

Back