H I D headlight fitted today !!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannoj1976

Reaction score
Im a fan of hid

So today in went a H7 6000k

Thought I would share how it went

kit was purchased for my k6 gsxr so had one left over so it had to be fitted.

I really can say worth every penny 6000k is white with a very slight hint of blue but only slight.
I got mine from eBay for about £35 55w 6000k
I attached all the wires ( v easy as they only fit each other ) removed the bulb cap on the back used a 22 mm hole cutter on my drill for the rubber fitting for the hid on the back of the bulb case.
Tucked the box and the voltage changer neatly in the left fairing above the left indicator roughly by the bmw badge secured with a large piece of double sided velcro and a cable tie for good measure.
Next the bulb

If your used to jap bikes and cars like I am i was horrified to see no wire clamp to hold the bulb in some 45 mins of swearing and a quick call to my mate later I discovered you have to push forward and lift the bottom slightly to release.
To put back tilt the top in press downward and It will click in .
BE AWARE not to force any thing I was patent and gentle as you can snap the bulb bracket.
Also take note the oem bulb casing is thinner than the plastic hid so when fitting I bent the bottom prongs apart slightly to get a snug fit and got the satisfying click.
Twisted the bulb cap on and job done.

To summarise

Well worth the agro but take your time.

Next the running lights to white led

Any questions and ill be happy to take picks and email you.

Dan

thanks for info, I'm quite new to this forum but its info like this which is invaluable and keeps the forums alive :)

hopefully gonna do this mod to my Sthou too, as my work commute involves crossing the forest at 04:30am and as we don't have fences the horses n donkeys just stand in the road, LOL :cower:

Update

White led running lights in A whole £8.99

2 min job unscrew the cap release the pin ( I just pushed the prong down with a small screw driver softly )

Take out the oem bulb put the led in

if anyone wants a hand ill try and put up some pics

Update

White led running lights in A whole £8.99

2 min job unscrew the cap release the pin ( I just pushed the prong down with a small screw driver softly )

Take out the oem bulb put the led in

if anyone wants a hand ill try and put up some pics

I had these on my gixer they were cool. The left one kept blowing the fuse tho so I put the standard one back in, making it look lopsided lol.

Anyway - do you have a link for the ones you got?

Hi dan where did u get the kit

i see them on eBay but they are 35 watts?

Have u any pics ?

Cheers

If your used to jap bikes and cars like I am i was horrified to see no wire clamp to hold the bulb in some 45 mins of swearing and a quick call to my mate later I discovered you have to push forward and lift the bottom slightly to release.
To put back tilt the top in press downward and It will click in .

I had the same problem. I just ended up bending the two bottom parts to slip the bulb out. Then bending it back into place once I'd replaced the bulb.

Latest posts

Back