Going touring next year

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fatbob link=topic=1826.msg17012#msg17012 date=1355068683 said:
Well this is a 10 day trip , camping with 5 days food , and lots of waterproofs ( Monza WSB this year)
I would imagine those panniers hitting the deck !!! If it works it works i suppose.
I tested mine to 180+ ( germany obviously) and had plenty of fun in the twisties , I would only use Ventura on any sportsbike....Its expensive cos its good IMHO

by the way the airhawk seatpad......priceless !!

Fookin L, what spring did ya fit? :eek:

I have gone with the Bags connection Blaze paniers, Bags Connection Slipstream tail bag and Bags Connection daypack tank bag

not my bike but it will look like this once fitted

122-1207-01-o+2011-BMW-S1000RR+.jpg

babarr46 link=topic=1826.msg17021#msg17021 date=1355084954 said:
+1 with the people take too much crap! Just the essentials & a card for the rest. This is all I took for a 10. Day tour to Austria !
77A4BA76-4E1A-4EFF-8672-427AD188FDA1-2779-0000035468937F83.jpg
Card for the rest is where I fail..I'm usually skint and take food for ten days as we have a habit of turning up at campsites after midnight

Hi on my 1st ever Europe trip this year (to Italy and back through France and Spain) - I used the Ventura system (2 bags) and the BMW tank bag. Apart from the dampness getting into the 'window' part of the tank bag - it was great for the little things like passports and paperwork, money for tolls + tickets and 'phone - kept it all in one place and at hands reach. the two ventura bags were not even noticeable when on the back! Very fast! and great on the twisty bits!

This photo was taken on the absolutely brilliant N240 between Jaca and Pamplona in Spain on the leg back.

I also took far too much! the Ventura blurb that came with the bag brackets says the maximum all up weight should be no greater than 15KG - I was well above that and it was fine - bike didn't notice it at all. Also totally waterproof.

Cheers.....

US20 tailpack ONLY with waterproofs cargo netted to top, & cable ties, tape, tools etc under seat - for 10 day trip....still took too much: you always tend to fill the luggage you have available & generally always pack too much.

Latest posts

Back