forking pissed

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIKERFRENZY

Reaction score
Just had a little clean of my bike and wondered why the left fork has a habit of being dirty and oily then I found a 3mm wide rough spot where the chrome plate hasnt taken to the metal..Warranty claim will be made on tuesday I will let you know how I get on.

Last edited:
Good luck, but my guess that would be a usage thing and not covered by warranty.

Warranty claim won't work make, I already tried when mine rusted.

from BMW.
Mr Carrie, Service Manager at Williams, has confirmed that after inspecting the photographs, the issue is not due to a manufacturing defect and that he believes this is due to external influences, stone chips etc. As this is their diagnosis, we would be unable to assist you further with a contribution towards a repair.

I can also advise that I have checked our records, we collate failure reports and parts order information to determine if there is an inherent fault with a specific part and this issue has not been highlighted.

how can it be a stone chip when its right behind the front mudguard..I'm expecting them to try and get out of it but I will give them a fair chance first.

I had oil constantly leaking on my 2010. Went back to the dealer twice to get the seals replaced and it made no difference. Was gonna get really mad till someone then wrote my bike off and I had bigger problems.

I don't think it's much of a solution but the point is the dealer should replace your seals if they're leaking and you're within the warranty period.

Warranty claim won't work make, I already tried when mine rusted.

from BMW.

I'm hopeful as I took the bike into Allan Jeffries and the after looking at it they said they would order a fork bottom up and give me a call when it was in.
If they put it right for me they will gain a loyal customer.

Back