2015 leaking left fork leg

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi all,
Well was going to have a go at setting up my suspension today but had a little issue with a little weep from the left fork leg, I cleaned it of and took for a little run to warm all the oil up before trying to set the sag but noticed there was another film of oil over the stanchion so rang Bowkers at Preston, they said clean it of and bring it through and they would have a look.
Gets there and just a little film again the trip was about 25/30 miles, fitter took it away and came back 10mins later and said there was a pit under the dust seal and will need a new fork stanchion under warranty, I said the bike had only done 2300mls and was a bit shocked as bike not rode in the rain and dried totally when washed. Then was told mine is the 4th that Bowkers has done so just a little heads up if yours is like mine.

Dean

image_zpspqlglkmh.jpeg

image_zpsyiglis8k.jpeg

Mine does that and i think its quite common

Mine is the same (both sides) ...Chester Motorrad told me it was normal but i'm not convinced?? Taking her to Manchester next week for a second opinion.

My 16 is the same, not visible on the hub itself but leaves an oil ring on the fork cylinder. I'm assuming it's just new fork seals bedding in, I've had this on my track bikes following a seal change. Going for its first service on Tuesday, I'll bring it up then.

Ye there have been a few post's on here about them, but took lest then 10mins for Bowkers to of ordered me a new stanchion so there must be something going on as they said mine is the 4th done under warranty.

Dean

Hi All,
Picked bike up from Bowkers at Preston yest and has had its new Stanchion and seals fitted and all seams to be ok.

Dean

Yeah my 15 did the same, there was one pit under dust seal , not a stone chip as it was at the back and under dust seal do was replaced under warranty at Chester , mine isn't the first they have had , they have lost count of how many s1000r's they have done as well !!!
German build quality ???? If the new blade is any good I'm going back to Honda next year

Hope they make it as aggressive and capable as the original 900RR and don't over polish it

Guessing the SP will continue. They probably woke up to needing a good SuperStock base.

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back