Extended Warranty

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuartH

Reaction score
The bike is two years old shortly, I was wondering about extending the warranty.

I haven't enquired yet about the cost and cover provided. Has anyone got tried this and if so is it worth it?

Cheers, I tried a search on the forum, but found nothing on this subject...

Stu

Just got the quote
With Emergency service - no excess - £375 annually or £34 monthly pay as you go
No emergency service - no excess - £348 annually or £32 per month

Seems a lot of money, especially on top of the normal insurance.... but if something major goes, it will be worth it. My bike only has 3500 miles on it, I will be pissed off if something significant goes so soon !!

Will have to give it some thought

I wouldn't have extended the warranty on mine had the engine not been in bits on the dealer's workbench at the time. If I'm honest, I should have held out and got a full warranty extension as goodwill, but as the claim wasn't settled yet, I got anxious at the potential cost of a complete engine strip and rebuild, and just paid.

After the fact, I got a free extra year on the engine alone (so it's covered for 2 years) so I'd imagine it'll be warrantied for the major cost concerns as long as I have the bike now.

Seems steep those costs as I have a BMW 123d in a 58 plate and the BMW extended warranty on that costs less than £24 a month.

If switches break they will be replaced out of warranty as BMW recognise they are flawed.

Seems steep those costs as I have a BMW 123d in a 58 plate and the BMW extended warranty on that costs less than £24 a month.

From the quote I received, the cheapest you can get the cover from BMW is £294 annually or £27 per month, that is with no emergency service cover and a £100 excess per each claim.

My bike is well out of warranty. As it was sourced from a non-BMW dealer too I'm on even ropier grounds!

Had the LHS indicator switch go not long after getting it. BMW dealer quoted £170 for the part, went back to supplying dealer who got one for me under the 3 month warranty used bikes generally come with. BMW dealer then charged half hour labour to fit it.

If it's a written policy it must be recent news, still am not confident that if a switch goes again I'll get an FOC replacement.

It's BMW policy. They should have info from BMW. Are yours knackered? Out of warranty?

Just to let you know, my 2011 bike was 6 months out of warranty and I needed a replacement switch on the throttle side (starter switch, etc). I had to pay £160 and then my dealer (Clarks of Rednal) put a claim into BMW. I am getting a refund for all but £15 apparently.

Latest posts

Back