EWS Fault code

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDJ46

Reaction score
I have a 2010 s1k track bike and last time out, after about 10 minutes the bike cut out and EWS fault code appeared on the dash.
Anyone else experienced this? The bike ran again for the rest of the day without issue but if there is a known issue I would prefer to repair now rather than let it happen again.
Thanks

I experienced this on my 2012 bike having stopped for a brew, when I came back to start the bike it wouldn't fire and kept flashing EWS, After 10 minutes it fired back up with no problem, turns out its the electronic immobiliser, It needs to recognise to key as genuine before it will fire. Not sure why it happened but I have now switched to the spare key and haven't had a problem since.

I experienced this on my 2012 bike having stopped for a brew, when I came back to start the bike it wouldn't fire and kept flashing EWS, After 10 minutes it fired back up with no problem, turns out its the electronic immobiliser, It needs to recognise to key as genuine before it will fire. Not sure why it happened but I have now switched to the spare key and haven't had a problem since.
Thanks for this. Spare key it is then from now on

Hmm had that problem with a 5 series about 15 years ago. Thought they might have fixed it by now !

Latest posts

Back