Dreaded left switch (2011)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzy

Reaction score
Still got me yellow BM ten years on ?no issues to date other than This bad design switch unit as now broken, not the solder issues as this is the mk2 update on warranty years ago.
No it?s the the high bean push forward toggle switch that as broken .
As any one replaced this can one be bought looking to find the housing unit and grey toggle switch. As been separated and hope can now be renewed.
Owned me bike ten years now my first issue.well second from the pair of switches been replaced on warranty.
Cheers in advance.

If you're looking for the activation lever, you'll be onto plums, I reckon.
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sh...7-2013-K42-BMW-HP4_0D01,_0D11_&diagId=61_4597

Probably have to buy the housing complete.

The lever (out of shot) does detach from the top of the two halves.

Maybe someone in your local dealer might have one lying around that could be canibalised or try racespares. Plenty guys strip these off and replace them with race kit.

https://racesparesuk.com/product-category/bmw/used-parts-bmw/race-bike-parts-used-parts-bmw/

Is the lever definitely busted? I can't quite recall how it's held in the housing as I never fully removed mine, but there's a certain pressure from the actual switches on the flexible PCB that holds everything in place, too.. similar to below..

Cheers..

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
65fcc3fb4fdc8bb524de07fbce183b63.jpg

Last edited:
Morning mate , yes your correct in all you say?, thanks for info.
Yes stripped it apart cannot get picture up but have put up on another Bmw rr site, yes i need the bottom housing and a grey contact lever as can be replaced, if you can see photo on other site you as stated will fully understand, but as you stated are correct.
A very poor design/ mechanism ? and easy to break .
although I never did it was caused by a heavy handed mot tester . Some time ago now unbeknown to me till later date.)
Cheers Oz.

Try race spares Ozzy, email them if there's nothing listed at present, their pretty good at getting back to you. Had a look on EB earlier for you. Nought much there, mate, but I was just awake and still drowsy, worth a proper trawl..

Have you priced up a switch assembly, I reckon you'll be north of 300 quid.. your tester needs a swift kick in the baws.

Cheers Stu, in no rush just passed it?s mot with the damage trigger as flash work s when pulled back , but cannot put forward to lock on to have on permanent.
The old boy were it went as now shut up and retired so little I can do now.
But was lucky passed so no rush but need it doing for peace of mind and for the bike.
I have looked about but mega money I?m sure something with pop up .
Thought I put on here not been on since think 2015 ??? but still got it just not used it much.?

Need bottom housing because top left we?re the trigger fits in with the top bobble fits in is also cracked that?s why need the pair.

That's a pisser mate.. typical when your looking for something there's nought available..

Latest posts

Back