Donnington 29th August BMW/Tyco day

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks fellas,
Was a great day, we'll run if a little rushed I felt but 1st real track day. Even after the incident the help and support offered by forum members other BM owners and FA/Tyco was unbelievable. Then for the BMW people to tell me if I was insured with them Fcomp then I was full coved there as was a BMW organised event just let me and the Mrs enjoy the rest of the day and not worrie about having to fix it and opened the flood gates for the piss taking, you know who you where����.

Dean

Sounds like it was a great day until your off. Glad everything will be covered and that you're ok

Pi$$take? Can't believe anyone would do that on here ;) Agreed that wives/partners should have been included or given the choice. 1st time I'd been in hospitality so didn't know what to expect, having said that only time I used it was at lunch as wanted to have the track time. Thought what was on offer was good and varied but from past experience (track days) found that too much eating usually spoilt my afternoons riding even if it was free(ish) lol.
Was good to chat to tyco boys, seemed down to earth and nothing was too much trouble (did you see the Tyco truck plate? TY60 BMW, class!!) Bruce (Prime Factors Racing) also had time to chat even though he was busy at the time. Have got to say that Kevin (FE boss) seemed to be in a good mood, smile on his face, good attitude and seemed almost human for a change !
Chrono days I think are a very good idea if treated right by the rider. Primarily it is to group riders together of similar abilities which should alleviate accidents due to different speeds. I've seen it all too often on track days where v.rossi of the road goes in fast group on the track when should be in novice. Similarly I've also seen top of fast group guys in intermediate because there's no space in fast. If you get the times after every session then that would encourage riders to start chasing outside their ability in the next session which inevitably would bring out the red flags. Even though I've been racing for a couple of years now I can honestly say that I don't chase times? I chase good track knowledge and even better riding ability, the time is irrelevant as it will be what it will be lol. There's no shame in whatever group yr in, you're doing what most riders only dream about.

Last edited:
Pi$$take? Can't believe anyone would do that on here ;) Agreed that wives/partners should have been included or given the choice. 1st time I'd been in hospitality so didn't know what to expect, having said that only time I used it was at lunch as wanted to have the track time. Thought what was on offer was good and varied but from past experience (track days) found that too much eating usually spoilt my afternoons riding even if it was free(ish) lol.
Was good to chat to tyco boys, seemed down to earth and nothing was too much trouble (did you see the Tyco truck plate? TY60 BMW, class!!) Bruce (Prime Factors Racing) also had time to chat even though he was busy at the time. Have got to say that Kevin (FE boss) seemed to be in a good mood, smile on his face, good attitude and seemed almost human for a change !
Chrono days I think are a very good idea if treated right by the rider. Primarily it is to group riders together of similar abilities which should alleviate accidents due to different speeds. I've seen it all too often on track days where v.rossi of the road goes in fast group on the track when should be in novice. Similarly I've also seen top of fast group guys in intermediate because there's no space in fast. If you get the times after every session then that would encourage riders to start chasing outside their ability in the next session which inevitably would bring out the red flags. Even though I've been racing for a couple of years now I can honestly say that I don't chase times? I chase good track knowledge and even better riding ability, the time is irrelevant as it will be what it will be lol. There's no shame in whatever group yr in, you're doing what most riders only dream about.

Well said :)

Got my times through.. Fastest time I did in the Novice group was 2:04 - I wasn't pushing myself I got into the trap of following someone round and not overtaking them for a whole lap, but I enjoyed it none the less. Who was the chap who come off before the Melbourne hairpin? Anyone here? Hope you and the bike are ok, was a strange one as the bike was a good couple of hundred feet away in the kitty litter.

Last edited:
Surely that can only be a lockup (ABS off?) and a long slide for the bike? Tis a long way to go though. Unless 2 bikes were involved?

Serotonin ,
Where you following the fella in the orange bib on the white Motorsport?? That Budgie and he did a 2.04 as well I think

Dean

I think so..

Passed me on the right, I tried to tag on, then came across someone scrabbling across the track! :D

That was me serotonin with the Orange bib on and that was flats handy work the guy crawling across the track. When I came up behind your bike it does sound well with that Austin racing can on it mate.

Next one next Tuesday

Donington 29th September

Focused, but not Tyco/BMW

Latest posts

Back