Donnington 29th August BMW/Tyco day

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
Had a really good day today and met a few of the forum members and look forward to next time!!!!!

Dean

What an awesome day, met some top guys and new friends of the forum,flatstick and Mrs flatstick (top photographer), bananman, kls and ricks1k. Some very impressive lap times from you guys. Done plenty of track days in the caterham but it doesn't come anywhere near close to today. Think this is the start of many I hope. I'll try and post some pics up tomorrow.

Brilliant day, was great to meet up with you all at the track, looking forward to see your pics

Shit no pics or vids, anyone got a spare front wheel ��!!!

Dean

Great day, great company !! I've never felt so knackered after a track day (that's yr fault Karl :) )
I used nearly 40 litres of fuel chasing or being chased lol. Great hospitality, thought the day went smoothly with the occasional hiccup? Hope all that went down are ok....

Great day, great company !! I've never felt so knackered after a track day (that's yr fault Karl :) )
I used nearly 40 litres of fuel chasing or being chased lol. Great hospitality, thought the day went smoothly with the occasional hiccup? Hope all that went down are ok....

I'm still aching after Friday and Saturday need to do more track days or maybe start doing some Bemsee, see you in Cadwell next weekend, one of my favourite tracks, LOL

It was great to meet you all at Donington on Saturday, let's hope that BMW do this again next year.

I would say though that the 'no pit crew' rule was harsh, I appreciate that they don't want to feed all our mates, but to say your wife/partner has to stay out is not on.

Even if there had been an option to pay for another person, I would have been happy to, as it was, I did not go for the lunch or the afternoon tea as I felt it was unfair.

Let's try to change that for next year.

Off to Almeria next week, can't wait :)

I just sent this to Focused Events, anyone who went feel the same ?

Hi there,

I had a great day at the BMW Tyco trackday on Saturday.

One point I would like to make is about the hospitality.

My wife always comes with me to trackdays both at home and in Europe, she was unimpressed that she could not even get a cup of coffee. At the breakfast time, the circuit cafe was not even open.

If there was an option to pay for partners we would have been happy to.

It just left a bad taste for us both, so I did not go for the lunch or the afternoon tea at all.

Only a minor complaint, but one that several of us agreed upon.

I would love to go to a similar event next year, but please, impress upon BMW that they need to make a concession for partners.

I appreciate that they do not want to 'feed the 5000' with people bringing all their friends, but I am sure a balance could be found.

Otherwise, it was a great day, and please pass on my thanks to everyone involved in organizing it.

Kind regards,

Mark Bridger.
cleardot.gif

Couldn't agree more with your comments,certainly seemed a bit petty.I would love to know whether it was FE or BMW(I suspect the latter),however it needs to be sorted for any future events.Otherwise,a very good day.

On another note,are you on the 3 day exclusive or 4 day?.I'm there on the 4 day-if so,see you there!(28C+no rain!!!!).

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/budgie68Budgie/media/_04Z0765_zpsieiqv48z.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
Posted a few pics from the trackday at Donnington and also a video link on youtube. Its my 1st bike trackday so feel free to point out any flaws I have.
Hi Mark, I agree with your comments, my 14 year son who goes to most BSB rounds wanted to come and was a bit pissed of that he couldn't come and see his dad make an ass of himself on track. I don't think it was a BMW policy but a Tyco one as they were providing the hospitality as part of there partnership. Anyway just a minor grumble as the day was brilliant and roll on the next one.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mO5DZ53UgM

Hi Budgie, I'm amazed you've been allowed out with a camera on the tank. They usually don't allow anything on the tank. I use a Ram Mount off the yoke and still got grief for that last time out (inconsistant application of rules is consistant!). If you go on any other days just bear it in mind it will probably get removed. I tend to use the suction mount on the front or down low on the side.

Hi Baz,

I am on the 4 day from 10th - 13th September, weather looks good, can't wait :)

See you there.
Hey Mibridger....please could you give me info on this? Can't see anything on the FE website?? Is this at Donnington and is it more Tyco/BMW days? I missed the event at the weekend due to work commitments so feeling the need to get involved asap!! :) Cheers

Back