Differences betwen SBS DS1 DS2 and Brembo Z04

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"
Outstanding racing brake pads for extreme use on the race track. Without ABE, only for racing purposes.
The new SBS DS dual sinter material for the highest demands on the race track"

see how many times it mentions track, as opposed to road.....

You can use anything in the way you want to. However following the advice of the manufacturer is the best, and follow that up by the experience of other users.

and most people have said the same thing, they are not "really" suitable for road use. but as i said earlier, just get them and see,worse case (apart from crashing on the road ;) ) is you don'y like them on road, and can only use them on track. or you waiting for that 1 reply that will make your mind up, as in saying yes, they are fine for road use...
Hehe. Looking not only for that 1 reply, but also a well explained and convincing/believable one. Just looking for evidence it can be used on road without hangups. Without that I default to not using it on road

Used z04 when racing, awesome pad and lasted well. Also, one race was hit and miss with the weather, started raining hard and a rush to change into wets, no time to change pads (I forgot) but had no problems during the race. In fact, they were probably more forgiving in the slower/wet conditions. Road you would have to raise yr vision more and ride sensibly. I dont tear-arse on the road so wasn't a problem.

Last edited:
Hehe. Looking not only for that 1 reply, but also a well explained and convincing/believable one. Just looking for evidence it can be used on road without hangups. Without that I default to not using it on road

ok, lets see what i can do..

i've never used them on the road, but see no reason they wont be ok so just go for it.whats the worse that an happen....

I will say i use z04 on a race bike. But never noticed them lacking in wet.
Or first lap or 2.

I will also say i used brembo sc on road and never found them lacking in any area

I agree! They don?t even increase in performance when hot (on track). To the ?For Race Use Only? proponents, note that the SBS RS is the Race pads way back in the 90s. Guess what, they also said it is ?For Race Use Only? back then. This may be due to rules not allowing too much friction coefficients for road use as they are not approved for that on the road

I agree! They don?t even increase in performance when hot (on track). To the ?For Race Use Only? proponents, note that the SBS RS is the Race pads way back in the 90s. Guess what, they also said it is ?For Race Use Only? back then. This may be due to rules not allowing too much friction coefficients for road use as they are not approved for that on the road
However, let me qualify this that I used it on tropical hot sunny roads here in Manila

Latest posts

Back