Differences betwen SBS DS1 DS2 and Brembo Z04

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHaveAnRR

Reaction score
Anyone who has tried these brake pads? What are the differences?

Also, can they be used in the highway? Looks like they can based on the graphs (Carpimoto), which shows them having equally high friction coefficient even when cold?

Cheers

Used DS1/DS2 combo, powerful, low dust, work well even at low temps easy to modulate.
Used Z04, same as above except lots of brake dust and they are cheaper usually.

In theory the Z04's are kinder to the disc's which expands their life spans. But you need to clean up the dust more regularly.

i wouldn't be using either of those on the road, they need plenty heat in them to work properly, and not in the wet. theres pads just as good for road use, and a hell of a lot cheaper , stock pads are very good for both tbh.

Missed the road use bit.

Just use the SBS RST's

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

i wouldn't be using either of those on the road, they need plenty heat in them to work properly, and not in the wet. theres pads just as good for road use, and a hell of a lot cheaper , stock pads are very good for both tbh.
Seeing the graphs of both DS1/DS2 and Z04 (at Carpimoto), they seem equally good when cold

Missed the road use bit.

Just use the SBS RST's

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk
I was hoping I don?t have to change pads for road and track. Graphs of both DS1/DS2 and Z04 show they?re equally good when cold. So I was thinking you just have to think about carefully pulling the lever because it is race-strong

DS and Z04 brake pads are both fantastic for race/trackday use but are not suitable for the road. There are better performance pads (Brembo SC, SBS RST etc) out there which are specifically designed for road use which can easily cope with the occasional trackday. Or just stick with the OEM brake pads which are extremely good for both uses.

DS and Z04 brake pads are both fantastic for race/trackday use but are not suitable for the road. There are better performance pads (Brembo SC, SBS RST etc) out there which are specifically designed for road use which can easily cope with the occasional trackday. Or just stick with the OEM brake pads which are extremely good for both uses.
What?s the exact reason DS and Z04 are not suitable for the road? They seem ok from the get go even when still cold

Differences between SBS DS1 DS2 and Brembo Z04

What?s the exact reason DS and Z04 are not suitable for the road? They seem ok from the get go even when still cold

They are designed to consistently operate at much higher temperatures which are typically only achieved on track. From experience Z04 pads do not work well when cold and you need to generate and maintain heat in them to get the best from them. Hence why they are not recommended for road use. Road orientated performance pads are designed with low temperature efficiency in mind which is why they would be better suited for your needs.

as above, the braking used on the road is no where near hard/ consistant enough to keep the pads/discs upto the correct temp.you do seem quite keen on them though, so just buy some and see for yourself.

personnaly i prefer the SBS

I will say i use z04 on a race bike. But never noticed them lacking in wet.
Or first lap or 2.

I will also say i used brembo sc on road and never found them lacking in any area

as above, the braking used on the road is no where near hard/ consistant enough to keep the pads/discs upto the correct temp.you do seem quite keen on them though, so just buy some and see for yourself.

personnaly i prefer the SBS
I want to use DS1/DS2/Z04 for track to get used to it as soon as possible. But I don?t want to keep on changing pads. It?s easy to change in the P4/34 if no dramatic change when cold, I don?t see any problems for the road, except to be easy on pulling the lever

Then just buy them and go for it. Nothing to debate you've made your decision.
No alex, I really have doubts if they?re ok on the road especially highways. But looking at graphs, they?re linear from the get go on Carpimoto graphs. So I?m confused and why I bothered asking/looking here for explanation why that is

and most people have said the same thing, they are not "really" suitable for road use. but as i said earlier, just get them and see,worse case (apart from crashing on the road ;) ) is you don'y like them on road, and can only use them on track. or you waiting for that 1 reply that will make your mind up, as in saying yes, they are fine for road use...

Differences Between SBS DS1 DS2 and Brembo Z04

Ignore the graphs. As clearly stated they aren?t for road use. Save yourself the money and buy something suitable and there are some really good recommendations within this thread.

Latest posts

Back