Decat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashspike

Reaction score
Hi guys ive got a Decat too go on my 2011 and also running a race fit end can?whats the best option for me for getting the bike running tip top.
Would I be better with a power commander and getting it set up or just get the bike mapped?dont want too spend a fortune just too gain some noise so wanted too see what people have done?
Also will my bike be safe fitting the Decat before getting tuning in place?
Many thanks

I fitted a decat and rang a local tuning shop. They said there wasnt a remap for my year bike (2010) but said he could fit a power commander (about ?500). I wasnt interested in more power (just noise haha) but just wanted to make sure it was running properly which he said he could check for ?30, not had it done yet and am still using the bike. Seems no different to me

Its a mtc, came on the bike. built in baffle i think. Cant remove it.
Not too much louder but deeper. Sounds good riding, need to db it tho and see if its ok for track use

I fitted a decat and rang a local tuning shop. They said there wasnt a remap for my year bike (2010) but said he could fit a power commander (about ?500). I wasnt interested in more power (just noise haha) but just wanted to make sure it was running properly which he said he could check for ?30, not had it done yet and am still using the bike. Seems no different to me

Don't need to use a PCV that's the expensive way.

You can use a Bazzaz Fuel Control Unit... As used by Triumphs Genuine Race Partner who ran the T3 Challenge at BSB.
This is as the Bazzaz controls both fuel injectors per cylinder
Not all power commanders do, and those that do need an expensive secondary module to do so.
Plus the Bazzaz is half the price and does it all in one package

Don't need to use a PCV that's the expensive way.

You can use a Bazzaz Fuel Control Unit... As used by Triumphs Genuine Race Partner who ran the T3 Challenge at BSB.
This is as the Bazzaz controls both fuel injectors per cylinder
Not all power commanders do, and those that do need an expensive secondary module to do so.
Plus the Bazzaz is half the price and does it all in one package
Is that just a fuel module , or quickshifter aswell ,had one a gixxer which had traction too ?.

That was just the fuel control unit, that simply overrides the ECU's stock fueling. Especially useful on newer bikes (such as the Daytona 675 2013 onwards) as ECU's have been more locked down due to EU legislation (yay alongside Euro 4 exhausts)

The Daytona also had a Triumph (Translogic branded) quickshifter as standard - this didn't need the Quickshifter addition, or have power (126rwhp) to justify the Traction Control Bazzaz.

If you're looking again I'd advise speaking to Simon from UKRaceSupport as he sells these units & will advise.

Note that I haven't looked into the best for fuel control / decat / remap of an S1000RR 2015/2016.
Although a neighbour had a 2010 S1000RR with 207rwhp running just a Bazzaz fuel control + Akra full system.

I use a Bazzaz on my RR. Fitted by Track Electronics in Rackheath, Norfolk.

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back