Decat New RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark3482

Reaction score
Hi all. Just taken delivery of my new S1000RR. Has anyone decatted theirs and does anyone know if this voids the BMW 3 year warranty?

If anyone has decatted their bike, what is the best make/model of pipe work etc?

Thanks.

Think you can buy and OE full akra kit that doesn't void warranty. Think I read it on here

It will void your warranty, i have just opted for a full system and have a good relationship with my dealer, my only current issue, is that there is no easy feeling module in the uk yet, Dynojet say the bike is too complicated to produce a PowerCommander but may write a Map to flash the ECU.

Thanks all. Thinking of now going for a full Austin Racing system. However, I?m seeing YouTube videos which say it needs flashing and the only option at the moment is the Brentuning system (USA). I then see comments saying that the 2020 RR self-maps. Brentuning say that the ECU must be returned to standard setting for each service. I?m now incredibly confused and have stopped looking to purchase because I?m getting so many different opinions. Can anyone help? Does a full system require flashing and will the ECU have to be returned to standard setting for every service?

Latest posts

Back