Anyone got on an HM PLUS QUICKSHIFTER - BMW S1000RR fitted to an RR 23 model

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vengeance

Reaction score
Guys

Has anyone got the H&M new S1000RR with OEM/Shiter/Blipper fitted , if you have please post a photo if you can in this thread , I am just about to have one fitted to my RR 23 model , but cant see anything in the H&M instructions about where to zip tie the sensitivity screen . would help allot to see one already fitted to the same 2023 model like my one.

thanks

thanks for the reply ,are you still using the HM , if so has it been reliable & trouble free , also seen a thread about relearning gears , ill call HM as well as i really close to going to Jerez & portimao back to back so do not want to run any issues , may just run OEM & do it afterwards for next time just to play it safe

I took it off because numerous reports of damaging 'boxes. Fitted OE and wondered why I bothered changing.
Did notice that the OE was spring loaded which I can only assume that under the 'spring load' it was because of accurate changes

HM QS.jpg

This might prove useful to anyone interested in the HM OEM replacement quick shifter/blipper for their S1000RR K67 2023 model,

Installation is very straightforward , "please note" you must have the correct length shift rod from HM which needs to be purchased separately in order to install correctly. You can tuck all excess cabling & screen behind the small electronics cover & zip tie to ensure its all neatly enclosed behind this cover.

It is plug & Play , once installed the HM Shifter & removed the OEM we started the bike up in the stands & the TFT screen/ECU immediately recognised the new HM shifter as normal.

We ran through each gear in the stands & no relearning was necessary.

In addition i tested 1st & 2nd on the road with no issues. (my RR is track prepared Slicks no number plate etc so could not test ride on the road)

After speaking with BMW dealer senior tech at Lind & Sycamore they both said the 23 model RR will self learn the gears from the ECU.

I will be on track at Jerez & Portimao until Oct 10th , will report on reliability & performance (have the OEM with me as back up should i need to go back to standard for any reason).

My initial assessment is the HM is solid on a 23 RR & it is plug & play . I can only assume any other issues is due to either incorrect installation/ not having cleared adaptation tables if required & re learned the gears correctly. re learning gears on the 23 RR is as follows , please see link to video , (YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS IF THE TFT DISPLAY SHOWS " GEARSHIFT ASSISTANT NOT AVAILABLE" & SHOWS THE GEARSHIFT PRO TEXT AS THE VIDEO SHOWS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exhtRyuDQto&t=11s

First impressions are the HM offers a far more positive & Direct engagement when shifting up or down,

Hope this is useful for others deciding on trying the HM.

Last edited:
So the video for the adaptations. 2023 Gear Adaptions.
Clear them.
Turn the bike on.
Leave it in Neutral for 20 seconds
Clutch to 1st. Gear position starts flashing. Clutch out. Blip Throttle. Gear position stops flashing
Clutch to 2nd. Clutch out. Blip Throttle.
Clutch to 3rd. Repeat
Clutch to 4th. Repeat
Clutch to 5th. Repeat
Clutch to 6th. Repeat

Now all the gears are set and the Shifter should work clutchless again. If the gear position indicator doesn't stop flashing then it hasn't completed.

Latest posts

Back