Decat a 17

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddogsween

Reaction score
Morning,

Anyone decated a 17? Looking to do mine on Wednesday.......heard different things on engine management.....some say remap/rapidbike, others have done nothing..... AR state no remap needed.....not sure?..cheers M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Decat

You are likely going to fundamentally change the A-F ratio by decatting and would be foolish not to have the bike remapped as a consequence. The question you really need to ask is why bother at all as the OEM system is already very good. That or do it properly and just fit a full exhaust system.

Dyno Power Run

The only way you will know if the fuelling is correct after fitting a full exhaust system, or decatting, is to take your bike to a Dyno Centre and conduct a baseline power run. Regardless of how you think it feels this will identify if there are any issues with the A-F ratio and whether you need to fit a Power Commander, or similar fuel management system, and have the bike mapped.

This is my dilemma.... to do or not to do.... no issue with getting it dyno'd and even putting a Rapid bike on her.... not sure what benefit I am gaining... I've always decated, but it's been a pretty straightforward job... never had to cut the stock exhaust as it was always in parts... the gp can sounds the nuts already.... so the question is .... remove cat= weight saving, better sound, better looks vs leave on= heavy bike, ugly cat(can be covered), no fuelling issues ... geez heads a mixer... my gut is telling me to leave it... I honestly don't need it any faster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So want the cat cover though can't find one for a 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its covered to a degree in this;

but P.S. the flash option isn't available for the '17 S1000RR like it is for the Yamaha.

TL;DW: IMO EGR/SLS removal is great for absolute mapping on the dyno, but not needed on the streets.

to be fair bar the first few miles and pulls. it has alot more midrange.

donno if its differant or not but it pops blue flames now that its dark

Fuelling

That's a very good indication that your fuelling isn't correct and needs to be adjusted.

There's parts of the rev range which can't see enough correction to fix. The stock ecu will only correct within a range. Where its leaned off for emissions it will never full recover.

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back