Decat a 17

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been back and forth on the decat option.... really can't see the reasons for the potential pain this brings to a 17, unless you are racing it.... I've been riding over 25 years and had all sports bikes and done ultimate mods too most... I think the bike is well fast enough with the standard set up ... I have changed the end can though.... must admit the cat is an ugly girl... but going for the CF fully belly pan option to cover.... everyone to there own though... for me it's not worth the pain... good luck to those that do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f0f8eb58b2032f5c5ebd1e222eaa617c.jpg

That looks smart and I agree with you on the decat

Will be cleaner when the smoked integrated light goes on... I'll mount the number plate on abs box[emoji6]

Decat

I have been back and forth on the decat option.... really can't see the reasons for the potential pain this brings to a 17, unless you are racing it...

If you were racing you would do it properly and fit a full exhaust system.

I have been back and forth on the decat option.... really can't see the reasons for the potential pain this brings to a 17, unless you are racing it.... I've been riding over 25 years and had all sports bikes and done ultimate mods too most... I think the bike is well fast enough with the standard set up ... I have changed the end can though.... must admit the cat is an ugly girl... but going for the CF fully belly pan option to cover.... everyone to there own though... for me it's not worth the pain... good luck to those that do it

Won't you have clearance issues with the cat when fitting a belly pan (assuming you're fitting a 15/16 version)? Unless a specific 17 full belly pan has been developed?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Won't you have clearance issues with the cat when fitting a belly pan (assuming you're fitting a 15/16 version)? Unless a specific 17 full belly pan has been developed?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It's not only clearance, the cat emits an enormous amount of heat, that's why it's not enclosed...

New 17 version being developed... 6 week wait[emoji30]

Latest posts

Back