Dealerships & Covid-19

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

What's the current state of play regards to dealerships? I'm hearing of places opening up or preparing for opening up soon i.e in the next week or two.

What are your experiences and have you heard from your dealers regards to this topic?

Thanks.

I?ve had no official comms from my dealer. I think my
hob feels I?m nagging him on Facebook now lol

AJ said they are planning on doing limited servicing from Monday. It?s certainly not back to normal and probably will not be for a long time.

My dealer contacted me today and said they can do my RIS for me next week if I want. I'm just thinking about it, bit confused.

Cannon are open for serving, but no news yet on when their sales dept. will open. Hopefully soon

Not heard from my dealer since they let me collect my bike last week. I've been trying to get my rear wheel replaced and even contacted BMW UK who unsurprisingly have just sent their usual patronising email hiding behind Covid.

Not heard from my dealer since they let me collect my bike last week. I've been trying to get my rear wheel replaced and even contacted BMW UK who unsurprisingly have just sent their usual patronising email hiding behind Covid.

The process is to go through the dealer. Getting annoyed at them following process is just silly.
Aren't you lucky you even got to a dealer to get the bike when only the day or 2 before you were saying how it was going to be ages.

The process is to go through the dealer. Getting annoyed at them following process is just silly.
Aren't you lucky you even got to a dealer to get the bike when only the day or 2 before you were saying how it was going to be ages.

The gave me it back damaged FFS. I'd hardly call that lucky

But I suppose you've seen all the emails that I've had from the dealer and BMW since October last year to make your own mind up. I don't post everything on here out of respect for the dealer.
I've every right to be pissed off at BMW given the issues I've had. But you crack on and make up your own assumptions.

I've sent email to BMW UK as well as my dealer is closed when I emailed them. I just asked to be put on the waiting list for calipers (which is unlikely to happen I think).
Not trying to make my dealer upset, but they can't reply now.

There?s how I met my bike on Friday after if waited 2 months for the brakes to be fixed.

6310a2f8a3387389803fa42276d26f9f.jpg

Throttle grip damaged and brake lever scraped

b11fd190c4dc3b194ec48d45491e795e.jpg

Front wheel chipped.

Then the next day I find that the rear wheels cracked??

Not to mention the fact that it lay in a dealers in Alicante for 3 months waiting for an oil cooler after the dealer used the parts for mines on another bike.

So excuse me if I?m not too enamelled with the service from BMW these days.
It?s 10 months old and it?s been in a dealers for 5 of those.

BMW UK just fob me off with their usual patronising shite. I only contacted them as I couldn?t get the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch thats a nasty chip on the front.
What condition did it come back in from the Spanish dealer ?

I've been trying to get help with the BMW finance which they are actually useless and no help at all.
My suzuki finance i was able to log on and just select what payment holiday I would like 5 weeks ago. No forms no hassle.

Last edited:
Hi, Barnstormers open for limited servicing and I know one of their Sales staff is coming off furlough so potentially some sales capability next week.

Reference BMW finance, there is a form on BMW FS website, one page with about ten sections to fill (takes two minutes) to request up to three months deferral of PCP/HP. It was released last week. Acceptance and confirmation of deferral is sent by email within 24 hours - hope that helps.

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Hi, Barnstormers open for limited servicing and I know one of their Sales staff is coming off furlough so potentially some sales capability next

Reference BMW finance, there is a form on BMW FS website, one page with about ten sections to fill (takes two minutes) to request up to three months deferral of PCP/HP. It was released last week. Acceptance and confirmation of deferral is sent by email within 24 hours - hope that helps.

Thanks will look into it. Thats more info than I've had from BMW fs.
Twice i have been told I'd get a call back and nothing.

Ps which barnstormers ? as I'm waiting for new calipers also.

Last edited:
Forget ringing them, it's all done via the form on the website now and they will just refer you to it

Some good info here and looks like things are moving forward in the right direction. I've provisionally booked my RIS for back end of next week now and we'll see where we're at with this lockdown and if there's any minor easing announced this weekend, as I'm mindful a RIS is not exactly 'essential'. Dealers are all good though and actually offered this to me without even me asking or pushing them, they've told me to come in via a different carpark and entrance to follow there social distancing measures on-site.

@Carson - Sorry to hear of all the problems you're having, that level of damage is unacceptable. Unfortunately though, we know that dealers can take the pee with complaints at the best of times, so under the current climate it makes it 3 times harder I suppose.

Latest posts

Back