Datatool Trakking problems ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernie90

Reaction score
I contacted a datatool trakking fitter today to ask for price for supply and fit. he asked what bike I had when I said 2017 S1K RR he said he wouldnt fit one as every BMW he has put one on had issues, he said warning lights come on etc and he wasnt able to fix them. Does anyone have this tracker fitted on a 2017 and if so have you had any problems ?

I've got a trakking on my 17. Had one on the 15 as well. 15 was stolen recovered so they work! No warning issues but space is an issue as with all sports bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the technician say it was just specific to the 2017 model. I have one on my 2015 bike. Unbeknown to me it stopped working for six months. BikeTrac were the ones who advised me when I contacted them and they were the ones who said it had not worked for six months. However they were absolutely brilliant in resolving the issue. They paid for a whole new unit to be fitted and also reimbursed me for a years subscription.

Yes he said the 2017 model and Trakking are not a good mix, every Trakker he has fitted to a 2017 bike have been back in as warning lights were going off and it was impossible to solve the problem.

Yes he said the 2017 model and Trakking are not a good mix, every Trakker he has fitted to a 2017 bike have been back in as warning lights were going off and it was impossible to solve the problem.

That's probably due to where he's installed it ie which wires he tapped into...
I've fit Trakking systems to 2017 S's without issue (so far anyway) I can't see a reason for it to cause an issue as long as it's not tapped into any monitored circuits.

Did he say what warnings it caused?

No he didnt say what the issue was, he just said he wouldnt fit one and that was that. I read quite a few positive reviews which made me think it was the tracker I should get.

Latest posts

Back