D3 tail tidy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maplesyrup

Reaction score
I'm looking at a D3 tail standard or extreme to tidy the back of the bike up a bit, the standard appeals because it looks like a bolt on job, no wiring to mess with, but the extreme looks cleaner.

i believe the extreme will need a slightly smaller plate? 8" or less?

Anyone fitted one?

Go Extreme for best look - it's an easy fit, I'm no autospark but 6 wire splices were easy and I just used bullet connectors to be able to remove for track use , it looks "factory" and Darren gives you the best service ever - his engineering and production / materials are all first class. Transforms rear of bike ,which is of course , the only end worth trying to pretty-up !!

Ive just fitted one to my HP4, I went for the Standard bit this can be changed for the extreme bracket if required. Easy fit and very nice well made item, I had an R&G on my other S1000rr and not a patch on the D3 for quality, look and fit.

Thanks guys, does the extreme have an led tail light? It looks like it in the photos I've seen.

I'm quite ok with the wiring but its the first brand new bike I've ever owned and I'm hesitant to cut anything!

Im more than happy with my standard d3 tailtidy with white baseplate to match my undertray.Quality bit of kit easy to fit no cutting wire looks the business.please don't be Tempted by other cheaper polycarbonate ones as the one a brought of a company snapped causing £s worth of damage luckly enough the company has stopped selling them now for the s1000rr. After I wrote a few shitty email.sadly there still selling them for jap bikes.so beware and buy a d3.

It will definitely be one of the two D3's mentioned above ;) I'm leaning towards the standard now.... I can't find out whether the extreme has a tail light with it or not?

Back