Evotech tail tidy no plate light

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupracing

Reaction score
I was under the impression this tail tidy works faultlessly with the s1000rr but on my 2021 get the dreaded number plate warning light error. I?ve checked the connections and wiring multiple times and it?s all correct. Is anyone using one on the 2021+ models without an error?

I bought one off Ebay, it was g'teed no error, would have thought Evotech's would work fine..that's annoying.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I was under the impression this tail tidy works faultlessly with the s1000rr but on my 2021 get the dreaded number plate warning light error. I?ve checked the connections and wiring multiple times and it?s all correct. Is anyone using one on the 2021+ models without an error?

I had to switch the wires around to get mine to work (ie. connect wires the opposite way round to what the instructions say). I'm guessing some lights have been wired incorrectly in production.

If the LED tail light isn?t polarity sensitive then it should work either way.

I?ll be ordering one, I had ordered one but turned out there was no stock, I seen some on eBay but would rather buy from the website.

Last edited:
If the LED tail light isn?t polarity sensitive then it should work either way.

I?ll be ordering one, I had ordered one but turned out there was no stock, I seen some on eBay but would rather buy from the website.

LEDs are, by definition, polarity sensitive!

There you go then, problem with LED?s is current will flow if connected up wrong but not enough to light them up, but they can still light up. Swap the connectors and see what happens.

Think I?ve been on the sauce, that?s meant to say enough current can still flow when connected the opposite way to allow them to sometimes illuminate

So glad I saw this post I've ordered the same tail tidy and was shitting myself as to whether it would fit fine without any errors flashing up.Thats put my mind at rest.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
No hassle with it whatsoever Masho.. the guy guarantees it, one of my mates fitted one, had a problem with it, guy swapped it over..no quibble.. it's got a single LED, so the draw matches OE, hence no errors.. Good fit too [emoji108]

Last edited:
No hassle with it whatsoever Masho.. the guy guarantees it, one of my mates fitted one, had a problem with it, guy swapped it over..no quibble.. it's got a single LED, so the draw matches OE, hence no errors.. Good fit too [emoji108]

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back