Cut out - 2013 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonOrsborn

Reaction score
So here's the thing.....had couple of what I can only describe as 'lurches' on the bike since I acquired it in February. It's only got 1000 miles on it. Bit like hitting the rev limiter in that the bike is backing off the power and mainly when changing up in the higher gears e.g. 3rd to 4th. On full chat and using the quick shifter.

Then last week it cut out completely at about 80mph, again changing up from probably 3rd to 4th. I pulled the clutch in and tried to take in what had happened. I then let the clutch out but the bike started slowing and didn't re-fire. I pulled the clutch in again (still rolling along at around 60 / 70mph, thumbed the starter and it fired up. Let the clutch out and off we go again. Only happened the once and hasn't done it again since. Seems to be riding fine again now.

I spoke to BMW and it's booked in for a complete health check. They're going to 'plug it in' and try and read off any fault codes and give a good going over. They think it could be the gear-assist set up.

Anyone else had anything similar?

Cheers all.

I had a similar problem in our sidecar race with BSB at Oulton Park the weekend just gone. The bike kept cutting out when changing from 4th to 5th then powering on, the bike didn't stop (although a couple of times it nearly did) just kept cutting out. Last night I put the GS911 on and it came up with fault code for the Gear Position sensor, I cleared the fault, started the engine up in the back of the truck and ran it through the gears, there was a slight misfire during gear shifting. Ran the diagnostics again and the fault was back, when I get the chance I'll change the sensor then try it again.

strange as i've just had this fault on my bike.was going down the back straight at aragon,and changing from 4-5th the bike cut out,all elecrics stayed on though.got back to the pits and bike started,but developed a miss fire now,did what checks i could,plugs ,fuel etc but couldn't find the fault.was thinking it was a coil stick issue,but cant understand why it cut out altogether.

where did you get your gs911 from roger? might be better just to get one and see what fault comes up rather than going through the route of changing/testing what it "could" be.

Had mine back in to th dealers. They fitted a new gear assist sensor, adjusted everything else up and it's all good now.

Latest posts

Back