cush drive

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
has any body else found this ive taken my wheels off for new RS,s and found that 3 of the 5 cush drive rubbers have broken, snapped across the bit that joins them togeother, can I just leave them as is, super clue them or new ones, ive got extended bmw warranty,is it common for this to happen on the 15s,i never had a problem with the 11 :blue:

Cush Drives

This is not an uncommon problem. If you have the extended warranty then they maybe covered by BMW. Regardless you will need to replace them.

Re: Cush Drives

its only done 3750 miles, my 11 did 9000miles, with no problems at all, ill ring my local bmw dealer tomorrow to see what they say, cheers for the quick reply,if no joy with bmw where else can I get them

im on 3rd set in 12k miles

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

HOW MUCH PLAY IF ANY SHOULD THERE BE IVE GOT ABOUT 6mm, I spoke to the dealer today they say that they have never heard of any problems with the cush drive plus they wont 80 quid for them so much for the ex warranty

i got first set for free (outside of warranty) . the 2nd set only lasted 4k miles and i had to pay for that set. i was told that if/when these go i wont have to pay for the next set though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ill try the dealer again in the morning and see what they say, but does any one know how much play there should be if any, cheers for your input guys

ill try the dealer again in the morning and see what they say, but does any one know how much play there should be if any, cheers for your input guys

Should be hardly any if any. They should be a very snug fit.

I spoke with the dealer again today they said it could be the carrier causing the play not the cush drive as they replaced a few of them and the cush drives being broke at the bridge wouldn't cause any play,

Yep - mines is the same and makes no difference at all. It's not like they're going anywhere are held in with the sprocket carrier anyway.
Not worth a trip to dealer unless you have it booked in for something else anyway IMAO?!

Latest posts

Back