Can anyone help

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
So, I'm buying a second car for my work and mainly to keep the mileage down on my RS..

I fancy a Saab Estate, I've never owned one, so hoping some on here have.. I've narrowed down my search to two examples. The 4WD I have agreed a price drop to the same as the 2WD, the 2WD won't budge which is fair entirely..

Both sellers are actually spot on, not your usual wanky salesman type which doesn't help as such..

I've more info on each, the mileage, condition, location are all similar.. just need to settle on one of them.. any input no matter how small would be appreciated.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38520177...7ZMIYFRpa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

Or this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15524920...7ZMIYFRpa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

I have more info on each but don't want to swamp the chat, just yet !

Cheers guys

Stu.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
a134bd5ac547e43e302a4f9f3a4b5b9c.jpg
f2e43c33705e2b9206107a0da4099f7a.jpg

Last edited:
These used to be based on the Vauxhall Vectra C (2003-2009) and share a lot of parts.
I had the 2004 3.2 V6, but then they launched the 2.8 V6 Turbo mostly found in the 280ps Vectra VXR and poverty spec 250ps Vectra base model & police cars.
My guess is that Saab ran a mix of 4x4 with different engines and used the 2.8 V6 Turbo in more models as they were one of the premium brands.

Yea, I was in a 2ltr twin Turbo Diesel earlier, the guy said it was a Fiat engine that was in it. The car was a bit of a shed and reeked of fag smoke, so walked on that one...

Rallied round some pals and my two girls, the consensus is to go for the 4WD Darker Grey model [emoji106]

Last edited:
So, I'm buying a second car for my work and mainly to keep the mileage down on my RS..

I fancy a Saab Estate, I've never owned one, so hoping some on here have.. I've narrowed down my search to two examples. The 4WD I have agreed a price drop to the same as the 2WD, the 2WD won't budge which is fair entirely..

Both sellers are actually spot on, not your usual wanky salesman type which doesn't help as such..

I've more info on each, the mileage, condition, location are all similar.. just need to settle on one of them.. any input no matter how small would be appreciated.

So anyone ever owned a Saab...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38520177...7ZMIYFRpa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

Or this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15524920...7ZMIYFRpa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

I have more info on each but don't want to swamp the chat, just yet !

Cheers guys

Stu.

a134bd5ac547e43e302a4f9f3a4b5b9c.jpg
f2e43c33705e2b9206107a0da4099f7a.jpg

Last edited:
I preferred the Blue too !.. was in the house myself last night and couldn't decide, based on the age, the MOT histories and a phone opinion from an ex of mine, I decided to go for the Grey.

The reason the Blue one has 9k worth of receipts looks to me to be primarily MOT fails it'd had a shit load of work done where the Grey one has needed virtually nothing.. So Grey it is Cork..[emoji106]

So far that is, the last MOT states there is an oil leak but doesn't say where..forgot about that ...

So, by pure chance a guy I know posted this up on Gumtree last night, called him today and got a run in it, the car drives amazing, pulls up straight, goes well and not a sound of the suspension on rougher parts of the road, plus it still looks pretty modern and I'll get decent money for it if I keep it a few years, agreed money, so deal done !.. a favourite of the country vet and doctors
b5c9ebdebfd8b98b9a85934887c7dbd7.jpg
5af0a92352ff4c0ef7d6fd8c61d9156b.jpg
2cca37c1b55547efdc0b4788d61cb1f7.jpg

Last edited:
Good remap will make it very nice to drive and normally saves a few mpg

She had a 1.9 a3 when i first met her. Much as im not a diesel fan that thing was fast

First thing my mate said, Paul of Angel Tuning does all his stuff so I'll get him onto it next week.

He derestricted my RS a few weeks ago as if I'll be driving it at 176 mph ! I'll save those kind of speeds for the bike..

Getting motor tomorrow.. 1st stop full valet and engine bay, need to get rid of the fag smoke in it tho, its cloth, so a bit trickier, any ideas ?

Grrrr what is it with people.. its a double Cat N !... I won't be paying what we've agreed, and may reconsider buying it now.. he never mentioned this to me..

Can't believe some people, he told me he never knew !.. didn't think he could have missed that during an insurance application for example [emoji848]

Yea, I called him there and told him I wasn't moving forward on it, dropped the price to 4250 from 4600 was advertised at 5250... if I did buy it would be 3500 tops, but defo against it.. the quest continues.

Decent enough lad, don't see how he count have NOT known tho !.. hmmmm

Latest posts

Back