California Super Bike School Level 1&2

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogfox

Reaction score
Just back from CSS where I met Bananaman, actually spent most of the day being overtaken by him lol. Hi Bananaman! Yeah it's expensive but for me it was really worth it really is good value for money. Much more in touch with the bike and lots to think about. Both level 1 & 2 great days was wrecked after two days of it though.

The levels don't relate to skill, they are just related to what CSS teach at that level. There were a couple of racing lads on level 1 who were as quick as the instructors and were picking up stuff they didn't know, so trust the teaching system it's been well thought through... Level 3 definitely going to do it.

May very well consider one of these in the summer (if summer ever comes to the UK ever again!!?)

Monday was freeeeeeezinnnnng ! But it was interesting how much grip there was even on v cold track temp.. As for summer .... What's that ?

Cadwell was also freezing a few weeks ago when i did my ACU test - really struggled to get heat into tyres all day - im hoping that it will be warmer on the 29th when im at Snetterton with my Racetec K1/K2 set up!!!

I did the monday and It really was a great day! I have been racing on and off since 2004 and I learnt so much. I really want to do level 2 ASAP.

Your right about the cold though. I really struggled to get any heat in they tyres, and it was ashame to see 3 bikes go down.

I also liked the way my instructor (Gromit) explained stuff to me. Made it all make sence.

Well, back from s/stone level 2, what a great day, last session was with no jumper under leathers and no fleece over leathers coz the heat hit 8degrees, summer!?!?! Gotta say, sportsmarts rock even in the cold they warmed up enough to feel confident and no ooohhhh shit moments. Good to meet you dog, (fox lol) you must've been shattered 2days in a row.....I'm still suffering with my quads, 1st time out in prob 5mths, only just unloaded the van lol. Very constructive teaching but only if you attend with the intention of listening, learning and not get drawn in using it as a trackday coz thats stupid, the pace is dictated by what you learn and put into practice. Practise does NOT make perfect, perfect practise makes perfect, if you practise wrong all the time where does that get you? I would recommend it to anyone, hell there was even a courier there that learnt more about his type of riding. Hopefully theres some good pics to post when they come through.

Out of interest and slightly off topic - do you know how the Sportsmarts compare to the D211 GP Racers??

Did you use your own bikes and if so where did you get the track day insurance?

Own bike, it wasnt a track day, instruction day, you will be very lucky to find insurance for this or any trackday with a reasonable premium. You can also hire their bikes. take a look at the site, california superbike school

I looked at it and the r6 seems expensive for the day with insurance, plus I'd like to get used to mine. As the weather has got better I have realised I will not fall off it when I go into corners and lean it over. Not used to a super/sports bike after riding less performance bikes for last 3 yrs.

After reading your comments thought it may help me and will prob use my own bike.

Has anyone done the Ron Hallam course and how does it compare?

Me, RH school sucks in comparison. imho
Question I was just about to ask.
Have you been to both?
Care to enlighten us with some comparisons or reasons why this one is much better?
I was thinking of the RH because it costs less, but if it is obviously not as good then it's time to save.

Question I was just about to ask.
Have you been to both?
YES RH and CSS 1+2. I wouldn't be able to give a comparison otherwise?
Care to enlighten us with some comparisons or reasons why this one is much better?
I was thinking of the RH because it costs less, but if it is obviously not as good then it's time to save.
Have you looked at the timings? RH 3x20 min sessions. Hardly any real instruction in the 2 40 min breaks between sessions.
CSS 7x20 min classroom and track sessions, plus short feedback from instructor after your track session. Very intense full day.

Back