Stomp grip

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richy170

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I've just had two days doing Level 1 and 2 at the California Super Bike School and unbeknown to me I was sliding forward and unsettling the bike during braking, light braking at that. Anyone they recommended Stomp Grip and I fitted some. I just thought this was a bit of a gimmick but hey it actually works. I was able to gently squeeze my thighs and hold my riding position better and thus have better steering input at the turning point. Such a little thing but it really helped. I now need to rest my thighs.

I have stomp grip on my bike, but will be using stomp grip in future for even better grip.

Tank traction pads pay huge dividends be it on road or track for the additional grip and security they provide.
Really transforms the riding experience as you say

I have stomp grip on my bike, but will be using stomp grip in future for even better grip.

Tank traction pads pay huge dividends be it on road or track for the additional grip and security they provide.
Really transforms the riding experience as you say

Meant "tech spec" ... can't post and have a drink lol

Still no clearer lol.

Haha this was the first thing on my mind when I woke up "it still isn't clear!" ...

I meant to say that I currently have Tech Spec, however I shall be going with Stomp Grip Super Volcano in future, for the additional grip they provide.

Hooray [emoji322]

i found the stomp grip wrecked my leathers on the inside of the knees. i went for a grippy'er seat cover.

on the road bike one of the Luimoto seat covers its made up of synthetic suede and tec-grip. twice as grippy as the oe seat. i have a full race seat with foam on the track bike which also gives plenty of grip.

I have a Sargent seat fitted as I have used them before on my touring bikes and they have provided all day comfort and helped with my lower back pain. I rode to Germany recently and spent 13 hours in the saddle one day without any issues. However now I am starting to develop my sports bike skills I am discovering the inadequacy of it as it's too slippy and I am not holding my position so well. Also 13 hours on the bike without any leg pain and obviously not riding it properly, compared to one track day with tuition and today I can hardly walk as my thighs are so painful. I can now see why the riders lose so much weight during a race.

They ask if your legs ache after lunch on level 2 and if they don't you're not doing it right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stompgrips

I have fitted clear Stompgrips to virtually every bike that I've owned as they are superb on track. Over the years I've not experienced any discolouration; loss of adhesion or issues with excessive wear on my leathers. They are a very good purchase and I would highly recommend them especially for track use.

Did 1&2 couple of years ago, although well structured I found it wasn't tailored to my specific needs. Found an ex css instructor by the name of Nemomoto who is absolutely brilliant and structured my day to my specific needs 1-1, well recommended.
Always used stomps but when I changed my paint scheme I chanced some equivalents from china, just as good and only a tenner.

Last edited:
Stomp grip is essential, squeeze as you brake :) wouldn't ever be without now. Watch out for the clear colour though it's a struggle to fit without bubbles...black is the way to go if you're lazy but demanding.

Did 1&2 couple of years ago, although well structured I found it wasn't tailored to my specific needs. Found an ex css instructor by the name of Nemomoto who is absolutely brilliant and structured my day to my specific needs 1-1, well recommended.
Always used stomps but when I changed my paint scheme I chanced some equivalents from china, just as good and only a tenner.
I'd agree about css, some great input at times, especially about using vision and keeping you safe, but they are a bit formulaic and impersonal. Great place to start but there's never enough time get to the root of the issues you're having. Thinking about L4 but it ain't cheap and I'd probably look elsewhere for sorting me out..
Will google Nemomoto!

1,2 and 3 are structured with CSS. 4 is customised. That way they know you have the basics before dealing with what you think your problem is! You'd be surprised how many track day goers do not really understand countersteering. "Yeah mate I just stick a knee out and chuck it in!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instructing

Believe me you see all sorts when instructing on track! Lack of counter-steering is the least of concerns sometimes... just getting some people to understand the racing line can be a challenge! The CSS is very good and whatever level you choose to go up to will benefit you as a rider.

Latest posts

Back