Busted................i think?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Riding home tonight, saw a rozza with a Handheld and clocked me doing about 46/48 in a 40. I caught him napping as he ran out and zapped me then stuck 3 fingers up at me. I think he meant 3 points. I resisted the urge to stick one finger back up at him.

I am hoping that he didn't have enough to stop me although that won't necessarily mean i won't get a NIP in the post. It was safe to stop me as there was no traffic but he didnt. there was no police set up behind me and only saw 1 rozza and he was a fair distance from the police car, so no video i am hoping.

I am hoping the bastard just waved the 3 fingers to shit me up making me think i got 3 points coming but not.

Wishful thinking? time will tell....

Feel your pain from a ride recently except we were making lots of progress and CAMERA VAN shittt just hope it didn't have a forward camera for plate or I think a ban!! I'm a hgv driver need my licence.

14 days to find out :(

I wouldn't believe the 14 day thing. Got my NIP a month after my friend died. There trying to ban me from a taxi drivers forward facing camera on that very day! Every solicitor I've spoken to has said it's out of date send it back saying it's out of date, which I did. Got my Notice of prosecution last week, a month and a half after the NIP. The police officer said, it's not from the day of the speeding offence, it's from when they detected the offence. All I was doing was overtaking 3cars that were doing 50 in a 60, my friend tried it and got knocked off by the middle car tying to follow me, you'd think if one bike went past you'd look in your wingmirrors carefully!!

The police obviously don't think me watching my friend die in my wingmirrors is enough!! Personally I think it's f*cking disgusting!! Even more so when there saying there not prosecuting the car driver because of lack of evidence!!

Keep safe everyone!!

I wouldn't believe the 14 day thing. Got my NIP a month after my friend died. There trying to ban me from a taxi drivers forward facing camera on that very day! Every solicitor I've spoken to has said it's out of date send it back saying it's out of date, which I did. Got my Notice of prosecution last week, a month and a half after the NIP. The police officer said, it's not from the day of the speeding offence, it's from when they detected the offence. All I was doing was overtaking 3cars that were doing 50 in a 60, my friend tried it and got knocked off by the middle car tying to follow me, you'd think if one bike went past you'd look in your wingmirrors carefully!!

The police obviously don't think me watching my friend die in my wingmirrors is enough!! Personally I think it's f*cking disgusting!! Even more so when there saying there not prosecuting the car driver because of lack of evidence!!

Keep safe everyone!!

Feel your pain brutha, absolutely disgusting. Always keeping my revs up in traffic and make some noise and let em know i am coming.

I been on a few sites trying to - yes get out of the ticket and got a load of guff. My niece is an acting Sergeant for about 3 nicks and this is what she sent me.

This is the method adopted by Chief Police Constables and recommended by serving Police Officers themselves. It is a matter of keeping your nerve in the face of the intimidation and threats.

When faced with completing the two parts of the form sent to you remember two things:

Part One - Nominating a Driver: You must nominate a driver because they have changed the law to compel you to do so. You will be crucified if you don't. BUT, just because you confirm who was driving (or nominate your wife!) for the date/time in question, this automatically means that you are guilty. That is why they have part two....

Part Two - Admitting the Offence: For the speeding offence, you are actually innocent until proven guilty and they must produce enough evidence to prove you are guilty. This is where you stop them speeding to take you to court.

Completing Part Two of the Form:
Do NOT complete it as doing so admits guilt and you do NOT have to admit that you are guilty, this is the law of the land. Write a covering letter stating:
i. I am unable to complete part two of the form and admit guilt because I have no recollection of being in that location at that time and date.
ii. I request that you provide a copy of the available photographic evidence which confirms that I am guilty of the offence.
Post the letter using recorded delivery so that your letter probably gets mislaid along the way.

Wait for them to provide the evidence. Just wait because the onus is now on them and a Police Officer must now be taken off crime fighting duties in pursuit of your ?60. This is where economic and common sense takes over in many instances, and, you may hear nothing more.

If presented with the evidence is it conclusive? Does it clearly identify you (and no-one else) as the driver? If not, it might be a car the same make/model/colour as yours and have the same registration number, a lot of cloning goes on these days. Don't be threatened and intimidated by them, stand your ground and point out that it is inconclusive. If they persist and take you to court, it is just as inconclusive in your case as is it for your local Chief Constable.

If you were caught driving at an inappropriate speed or dangerously in a built up area, you deserve to be shot. However, for us all, the law of the land is the law of the land and you are entitled to defend yourself.

When you are successful in defending yourself in this way, send a cheque for ?60 to the local Police Benevolent fund. Most serving officers feel exactly the same way you do about this and need your support.

Sounds like a good start, going to give it a try!!! assuming i get a NIP - bastards!!!

I know everyone automatically wants to jump on the band wagon of all cops are d#@ks. You sure it wasn't 4 fingers he was holding up, saying its a 40 slow down? Surely the officer would have stopped you if it was safe. I think you'll be fine but maybe I just want to see the good in things. I just know that where I stay you would never get done at that speed in a 40. Warning at the most. Good luck.

I know everyone automatically wants to jump on the band wagon of all cops are d#@ks. You sure it wasn't 4 fingers he was holding up, saying its a 40 slow down? Surely the officer would have stopped you if it was safe. I think you'll be fine but maybe I just want to see the good in things. I just know that where I stay you would never get done at that speed in a 40. Warning at the most. Good luck.

Good point although i am not saying he is a dick. we all got to have a Job however shit some of them are. pretty sure i only saw 3, I can remembering thinking WTF does that mean, 3 fingers, wasn't till i got home and the penny dropped which i then googled it and found similar stories about the 3 fingers. No definitely 3 fingers and it meant 3 points. Anyway 4 fingers is rozza "code 4" which tells passing officers that they have the situation under control and no need to stop to assist.

I've had 3 fingers shown to me a couple of times, and never had a ticket. I reckon he knows he didn't get you, and wanted to scare you. Hope i'm right for your sake...

Did you get done? I was out for a ride today, and a Street Triple seemed anxious to pass me, but was unable to (traffic, not speed related!). I stopped filtering past traffic for a static camera, and he saw his chance...oh dear.

I tried to stop him, waving like a lunatic... but I think he saw me too late.....

Did you get done? I was out for a ride today, and a Street Triple seemed anxious to pass me, but was unable to (traffic, not speed related!). I stopped filtering past traffic for a static camera, and he saw his chance...oh dear.

I tried to stop him, waving like a lunatic... but I think he saw me too late.....

Well it's been roughly 16 days and no NIP as yet but could still get one. Although methinks i got away this time, there is always next time. Bastards!!

I've had 3 fingers shown to me a couple of times, and never had a ticket. I reckon he knows he didn't get you, and wanted to scare you. Hope i'm right for your sake...

No NIP still so i reckon you're right, although i am still having nightmares about the 3 fingers he showed me. Didn't scare me i just thought the same thing as Bob - what a dick :)

Latest posts

Back