Bridgestone VO2 soft compound 200 rear tyre

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sockets

Reaction score
Hi Chaps - any advice would be great please?
Did a track day at Donington on Monday with new set of tyres on and they seemed to be wearing nice and evenly until the last session.
My bike has been set up for me at MCT and the temperature on the day was 15-17 degrees, dry track for the most part and in Inters group probably mid ability within the group.
Tyre pressure started at about 30 psi on siting laps and reduced it to about 25 as advised when properly hot and using tyre warmers.
On the last session where I was going if anything, a little quicker than previous sessions, I noticed that the RHS of the rear Bridgestone VO2 soft compound tyre had started to tear a little.
I have heard all sorts of shite about different things concerning tyres and suspension but would like a couple of things clarified if anyone could help.

1. Is a tyre more likely to tear if under inflated or over inflated?
2. If you don't keep enough heat in the tyre - will it tear?
3. In hotter weather (Spain) is it better to use a harder or softer compound tyre.

PS. I am by no means a racer and have no delusions about going in 'Fast' group and spend a lot of money on tyres - probably due to the wrong advice about how long they last etc.

Any advice on any of the above (even tyre choice for my level) would be gratefully received!

Many thanks if you have bothered to read all this !😃🏍

Cheers👍

Soft will lose heat faster than a medium/hard, I would guess (without photo's) that come the end of the day the track temp dropped and caused cold tear.
Taking an extra couple of psi out might have helped maintain carcass temps.

In general, the softest tyres need the highest track temps which is contra to what you'd expect.

Many thanks - that seems to make sense now .
So basically with hotter temps in Spain it should be easier to keep heat in it?
What about pressures - if it's under inflated would it tear?

Thanks again Alex - I will try and send you a photo later to see if you can ascertain whether or not it is hot or cold tear?!
Will be interesting to get some sort of feedback from Tim at Lind Motorrad about the fork seals saga.
I have dealt with them many times and although not cheap I don't feel as though I have been properly 'bent over' other than oil changes!��������

Yes I have heard that but trying to get hold of them is difficult probably for that very reason!����

My guess would be a cold tear, to cold for the soft tire or maybe not riding fast enough, photos would tell more than words.

Latest posts

Back