Brake Feedback

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldfinger

Reaction score
All, new to Forum so firstly hello !!

Would appreciate some guideance. I previosly owned a S1000R before the RR and F800r before that; so know the BMW range and riding experience, would not say I was an expert however. Couple of things I notice on my 2017 RR, not first owner acquired last couple of weeks. Bike ha done 9700 miles.

• Brakes are quite juddery, by that I mean that on first pulling the brake. I get a lot of feedback through the handlebars, which reduces after a couple of seconds but enough to be a bit off putting, is this common or to next point
  • There is a squeak from front wheel or brake, reading forum this could be ABS sensor or front wheel alignment. If the front wheel was slightly out would this cause the issues above. Handling is in no way impaired
  • Done about 500 miles in first couple of weeks of owneship, if points above are not right (bike is BMW warranted going back to dealer next week) are there any items that could have sustained permanent damage
  • Finally the clutch bearing seems quite noisy when the clutch is engaged this stops, would appreciate views

Thanks for any help views or comments

Warped disks could be the reason, as I said I am returning it to the dealer who supplied it on Tuesday next week. Be interesting to see what their excused is !!

I've always had a judder on my HP4 front brakes.... more so after I fitted new 320s in January this year... ive never bothered investigating beyond fitting them and have come to accept its simply part of the bikes characteristics..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I've always had a judder on my HP4 front brakes.... more so after I fitted new 320s in January this year... ive never bothered investigating beyond fitting them and have come to accept its simply part of the bikes characteristics..

Yep, mine was headstock bearings.

Did you do them yourself Soof ?

No the dealer uses a special tool, but stephen @ grahams also managed it with standard tools and a brave pill not to damage the yoke. Mine came loose a couple of times, I think its partly down to riding style?

Latest posts

Back