Bowker Open Day

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am of to Bowkers at Preston tomorrow for the open day and to have some warranty work done on the bike, the headlight stay has cracked on both sides just in front of the mirror mounts so having a new one fitted. So if your there about 11 I will be at the coffee area watching WSB

Dean

I went down today and it was great, good free food packed with bikers and a live band in the sunshine, happy days :biggrin-new:

I called them after a message to call them regarding a new bike I'm still waiting but sane old story from every bm dealer I've ever dealt with Shame as great bikes shit dealerships

lol, sounds like you had a bad experience HP, what happened mate?

So in April I test rode at Bowker Preston, the demo as I had great interest in the s1000rr. I agreed to buy one and spoke to salesman Andy (who has now left) putting deposit on the bike.

I did initially want the motorsport colours (which I was waiting for to be built and delivered), but I changed my mind a week later and chose the black one instead. This wasn't a problem. However discussing over the phone whether to have the black one in the showroom without cruise control or wait for another black one with cruise control to be delivered. I hadn't seen the one in the showroom but thought there wouldn't be anything wrong with it and agreed to buy that one over the phone.

When I signed all the paperwork I finally looked at the bike, I noticed a scratch on the front and complained immediately. They reassured me they would sort it out.

So I arranged for them to deliver the bike in the morning to my parents address as I work full time. That was a complete cock up they got the delivery time wrong inconveniencing my mum who arranged to go out in the afternoon. So didn't have the bike until late on in the day.

When I checked the bike over I noticed another scratch on the tank which had excess polishing with buffed marks on the tank's paintwork, and the other scratch was still visible where it had been attempted to be polished out too. The forks were at a 2 - 3 mm different height from one another above the top yoke.

When I removed the seat to install a battery charger, one of the m5 screw's threads was cross threaded into the sub frame thread (I had to tap it out and use one of my own m5). The sub frame has chip marks on both sides where the seat screws had completely missed the holes they thread into and damaged the sub frame. The negative lead that connects to neg battery post was wrongly routed and twisted.

The bike veers to the right when I release the handle bars so I took it back and complained about everything, they denied any wrong doing on there part. They blamed the camber of the road and over inflated tyres and took air out whilst warm. I know it wasn't either causing the bike to veer, and had to re-inflate the tyres when they were cold!

Had a power run done with a cr-t sc projects end can on and the rear wheel was outputting 174bhp. I believe having spoken to several people about this, it is low on power and I complained again but they totally dismissed my case and just did a plug in check with no problems electrically. So will be doing another power run with completely standard bikes with a friend of mine's bike (recorded output of 191bhp) to compare and go back to Bowker showing the difference.

Whilst away riding down to Switzerland an O-ring came out of the chain link very unusual. And before going I went in to Bowker to have them check oil level as I knew it was quite low, they told me it was fine but it was 2mm above the lower mark! (see photo). Talk about trying to write off my machine, maybe its because I've complained so much.

They've been bitchy, arrogant and bullyish everytime I go in. I hate them now lol.

There is more and when I went to Jefferies for an early service and chain replacement, they updated the bike's software, and bowker had installed an old software program.

Also found another very strange scratch on the swingarm under the rear hugger (see photo).

that's actually piss poor service HP , don't blame you for hating the B' s lol

That does sound shit, I have not had any complaints yet but did take near 4hours to change my headlight stay and while they where doing it they came and found me and said my front pads where low and would I like them to change them as they had some in stock and would do it for only ?175 inc vat!!!!! I did decline.

Dean

That does sound shit, I have not had any complaints yet but did take near 4hours to change my headlight stay and while they where doing it they came and found me and said my front pads where low and would I like them to change them as they had some in stock and would do it for only ?175 inc vat!!!!! I did decline.

Dean

What part(s) of the headlight did they change? I would check it all over to make sure it is all ok. They probably fucked it up especially if it took 4 hours.

How much is remaining on the pads do you have until the minimum limit?

Jason.

Last edited:
Tell the truth Jason I have not looked, both mirror stays had cracked so a complete assembly I think. Did I see you on Morecambe Rd going to Lancaster with a Rossi Lid on, I was going towards Morecambe.

Dean

I saw you coming off the north Lancaster slip road on Wednesday last week, I was installing electrics to lighting columns on new bypass M6 to Heysham the "bay gateway". Your bike sounds well mate.

Last edited:
That was not me so there is another black one knocking around here, one I saw had an arrows can on it

Ye the week b4 will of been me, have never heard the bike as always infront of the noise but the lads say it pops and bangs like a WRC car

Latest posts

Back