Booked a test ride

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fraggle

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
So after a long hiatus from sportsbikes (had to save up my pennies and sort out a garage after the Gen3 grew legs - can't have anything nice these days), I've got a test ride booked in on Saturday on the Gen4.

Just wondering if all the issues people have had on the early bikes have been sorted out?

All the issues was really just a few things:

Oil Cooler hose recall - last year a Vosa recall so newer bikes will not have this.
Leaky calipers - newer bikes should not have this, but easy to spot if not.
Cracked carbon wheels - only aware of 2 very early bikes with this issue, so hopefully not a problem.

Anything else afaik is down to an individual bike, not a general problem.

Hi Fraggle I have less than 1000 on clock and picked her up just before curfew. No issues to date riding but the battery I would advise to get a optimiser on it as I have a tracker and alarm and twice now it was flat after about 48 hrs. Enjoy your ride mate you will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know tracker and alarm is a valid option. Was hoping to go down this route assuming I enjoy the bike enough (who am I kidding - assuming?). Tracker's are good, but you don't hear them and the one I had on the Gen3 decided to not work properly

Picked my gen 4 up on Monday the rr sport.I queried this battery life problem while I was there and he said the issues are with the rr m sport and the light weight battery.I will soon know if he's lying when I crack mine up on Saturday after being in the garage since Monday.

Ive got the sport with a alarm and a tracker, had it since march just before lockdown, its been laid up some times for a few weeks, have had no issues at all with the battery

Picked my gen 4 up on Monday the rr sport.I queried this battery life problem while I was there and he said the issues are with the rr m sport and the light weight battery.I will soon know if he's lying when I crack mine up on Saturday after being in the garage since Monday.

That would make sense.

I've got the Sport with the Performance Pack, so it gets the same light weight battery as the M Sport, I don't have a tracker on mine and I've had no issues with the battery.

I've got the Sport with the Performance Pack, so it gets the same light weight battery as the M Sport, I don't have a tracker on mine and I've had no issues with the battery.

Are you sure about the sport having the same battery as the M or do you mean you have fitted the light weight one yourself.I was under the impression that was only fitted to the M.

Are you sure about the sport having the same battery as the M or do you mean you have fitted the light weight one yourself.I was under the impression that was only fitted to the M.

The standard Sport gets the regular battery, if you get the Sport with Performance Pack added then you get the lightweight M Sport battery amongst other things just like the M Sport, and yes, I'm 100% sure. Go check on the BMW configurator. Only difference between Sport with Performance Pack and M Sport is you get M Forged wheels rather than the Carbon wheels and obviously the different colour scheme, everything else is the same including the upgraded brakes and tyres/sizes.

Update: test ride went really well. Didn't find the seat uncomfortable. Only bugbear is that everyone in the South of England who owns a pushbike seemed to be out in the Henley area on Saturday

Latest posts

Back