BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic photo's there mate. My 15 is being shipped out to Spain in two weeks for a track week at Almeria. Can't wait. Does the 2d trigger plug into the same connector as the logger or the accessory plug left hand side front?

Hi, Same bike same trip ! and iv got the 2D lap timer fitted so if your unsure of fitment bring it with you and ill fit, dead easy tho.

2D GPS Laptrigger

Your right; it is simple and easy to fit and best of all its 'plug and play'.

Re: 2D GPS Laptrigger

Hi Ry, Yes fantastic bit of kit, to be honest the 2015 bike itself is an excellent package as a whole, i did two days at anglesey last week first time out on a 15 T front sprocket, red plug in for slick mode and also using the 2D lap timer, i struggled keeping the front down so dropped back to race mode so to let the electronics help me enjoy my day, wasn't chasing times although was told they were respectable, was also told my 61deg lean was way too much so need to get off the bike more, i dropped down to inters last few sessions of second day focusing on hanging off bike more, after reading your posts just left cotswold mottorad ?1358 worse off with the hp akrapovic, rear sets, blanking plates being delivered friday, ill have them fitted this weekend ready for bike drop off next sat, first overseas track day almeria end of month.
Thanks for pic's and advice.
PS the dunlop gp 212's are an excellent tyre choice for the bm.

2D GPS Laptrigger

No. You need the HP Race Datalogger for that. The 2D GPS Laptrigger simply displays lap times on the dash whereas the HP Race Datalogger stores the data ready for retrieval later on.

Just got back from Almeria with the 15 S. My god a great piece of kit it is. Had a massive slide out of turn two losing the front big time. Nearly binned it I did. Will post up video of it soon, oh and managed 59% of lean on previous laps. Supercorsa sp's are a road biased tyre lol and crap for a very very hot track. Lesson learned....

Trackday

Almeria is always very good. Wait until you ride Catalunya, Jerez or Portim?o as they are even better... Just make sure you are using slicks or race compound tyres to get the most out of it.

Metzeler Racetec RR

The first of several sets of new tyres has arrived today...

P1030320_zpsxv63vviy.jpg

Re: Metzeler Racetec RR

Good the bike is really cool but liked the bike with Arrow exhaust :pride:

Re: Metzeler Racetec RR

The first of several sets of new tyres has arrived today...

P1030320_zpsxv63vviy.jpg
Nice one mate. Don't do what I did and ride off the edge of the tyre. Slicks if you are going over 55% especially somewhere hot like Spain. I went 59% on Supercorsa's and nearly paid the price big time....

Metzeler Racetec RR

I'm quite looking forward to trying the new Metzeler Racetec RRs. These are the K3 (Hard) compound variant, so are the equivalent of the Pirelli Supercorsa SP. I have some far more track focused tyres arriving in the next few weeks which I will hopefully get to use before the end of the season.

Metzeler Racetec RR

For those that are intending to use the new Metzeler Racetec RR (K1, K2, K3) tyres on track these are the pressure ranges recommended and supplied by Metzeler Moto UK.

Front: 29-32 psi Cold / 30-35 psi Hot
Rear: 23-26 psi Cold / 25-28 psi Hot
Tyre Warmers: 50 mins @ 80?C

2D GPS Laptrigger

If you do a lot of trackdays it really is a worthwhile investment.

Ah i thought you were going end of month as i am, it will be my first euro track time, what did you think of it ? yes the pirelli sp only lasted me three sessions at donnington and then was replaced with the dunlop 212

Trackday

Almeria is a good track and always very reasonably priced. For a first time European trackday it's a very good choice as the weather is always perfect; but for a bit more money there are better circuits to visit which are just as easy to get to.

Re: Trackday

Fantastic, exactly as iv been told previously also starting with the best circuits would only make the next a backward step, I'm looking at booking the tyco one at portimao in November for my second, I'm a novice rider so could do with some tips off the pro's !
ry did you ride your bike before you fitted the 2D fork sensor, if so what differences have you noticed ?

Back