BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dyno Power Run

@RyS1000RR really been enjoying your thread dude, thanks for that and keep the write-ups coming. Had a quick question, you mentioned the HP Data Logger and GPS timer they are the same box right? Am looking at some data logging solutions and am leaning towards the HP part but I wanted to be sure it would timing on my dash in real time as well as provide data post session. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Mr. F

HP Parts

The BMW HP Race Datalogger and 2D GPS Laptrigger are individual products and are purchased separately from one another. Only the latter displays your lap time on the dash. The HP Race Datalogger only collects data for analysis and nothing more.

@RyS1000RR, thanks for the clarification. What would you say is the most useful at track days?

2D GPS Laptrigger

For me the most useful part is the 2D GPS Laptrigger as I generally only use the data collected by the HP Race Datalogger after a trackday. The 2D GPS Laptrigger is simple and effective and the automatic lap times displayed on the dash are ideal. There are other alternatives available, which have been covered earlier in my thread, but I personally do not like items mounted on the top yoke and wanted to utilise the onboard laptimer and display to best effect.

Yeah I liked the idea of having an integrated solution. So another stupid (and probably not the last) question, can you run the lap timer and the data logger at the same time?

HP Parts

Yes, you can use both simultaneously as they plug into different locations on the bike.

alpha Racing

Another useful trackday part from alpha Racing arrived today...

alpha Racing Quick Release Fuel Cap

P1030269_zpsvhf2txgp.jpg

Trackday

Excellent trackday at Snetterton today. Pictures and feedback to follow...

P1030272_zpsli5xedb2.jpg

Trackday

I managed to squeeze onto a No Limits trackday at Snetterton yesterday after a last minute cancellation. After a very damp start the weather was fantastic with temperatures reaching 21?C. Considering my last few trackdays have been interrupted by rain this one was pretty good.

I've learnt a bit more about the bike and what I have noticed about the 2D GPS Laptrigger is that the BMW stores each automatic lap time in it's memory. The processor uses this data to then calculate when you are on a PB and then illuminates a green fastest lap icon on the dash. This indication is really useful because as soon as you see it you know that if you maintain your current pace your lap time will improve. That said my lap times were consistently around the 2.04-5s all day but I couldn't push any harder as the rear tyre had succumbed to 191 bhp and subsequently I needed to increase DTC to +1. Lap times have generally improved over the last couple of trackdays but I think this is down to understanding the S1000RR and just being confident to stand the bike up as soon as you are past the apex, open the throttle fully, and trust the electronics.

The Bridgestone RS10s are now in need of replacing and whilst the front probably has another trackday left in it the rear is now down to the wear limits across the entire profile of the tyre. Overall the tyres have lasted for two full trackdays, and a track evening, which isn't too bad.

Trackday

It was my first trackday of the season where every session was completely dry.

Fantastic photo's there mate. My 15 is being shipped out to Spain in two weeks for a track week at Almeria. Can't wait. Does the 2d trigger plug into the same connector as the logger or the accessory plug left hand side front?

Accessory Plugs

Here you go...

BMW HP Race Datalogger: Underneath Rear Seat Cowl.
2D GPS Laptrigger: Underneath Front Right Side Panel.
2D Front Fork Travel Sensor: Underneath Front Left Side Panel.

wow after reading this superb thread and seeing the photos, my first test ride of the new RRSport with DDC has completely won me over and farewell soon to the Repsol Blade (subject to negotiating with het that must be obeyed).

Great forum so far even though the email notifications haven't worked for me yet :-(

Latest posts

Back