BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. There is a bit more planned for my S1000RR prior to the end of the season so there will be a few more updates yet to come...

Trackday

Final trackday of the season. Feedback and pictures to follow...

P1030300_zpsklrtnoa3.jpg

I'm doing Brands tomorrow with No limits, First outing with BMW...

Some Help needed please

Quick question I have the 200 rear section!

What tyre pressure's should I run Front and Rear??

Tyre Pressures

It depends on a whole host of variables; temperature, tyre type and make etc. No Limits have a tyre supplier at the circuit so just ask them for advice on the day.

Trackday

Sunday's trackday at Snetterton was probably my last of the 2015 season due to work and family commitments. I haven't spent half as much time on track this year as I would have perhaps liked to and for the first time in years I have not managed to do a few overseas trackdays. All is not lost as this season has primarily been about getting used to riding my S1000RR on track and understanding the electronic rider aids and DDC suspension.

P1030308_zpspvt6m4zw.jpg

Track conditions were excellent and remained dry throughout despite the uncertain weather forecast. Frustratingly my new wheels did not arrive in time so rather than fit my Pirelli slicks, and then re-mount them to a different set of wheels, I chose to persevere with my current Bridgestone RS10 tyres. Whilst not ideal, given their condition, they were surprisingly adequate; albeit rather worn. The DTC and ASC warning lights did, on quite a few occasions, illuminate but that was more due to the fact that I wanted to try the bike on much lower levels of electronic influence. With decreased DTC and the engine in 'SLICK' the result is the ability to the slide the rear tyre under hard acceleration on corner exit which is great fun. Next season with slicks fitted this bike will be epic.

The biggest gain is I now feel I have complete confidence in the DDC equipped front-end. For most of the season it has never felt quite right despite significant experimentation with set-up and the addition of a 2D front potentiometer. Whilst the rest of the bike feels brilliant at almost any given point on track, that moment from brake release to apex has at times felt a bit vague. The problem has always been exacerbated when lap times are pretty quick and the bike just feels dissimilar to what I'm used to and simply reacts differently to normal suspension. This time I have taken a bit of preload off the front-end allowing more load to be generated resulting in better grip. The steering still feels neutral, and will go wherever you want it too, but it has dramatically changed the BMW's feel allowing me to trail brake into corners and know what the front tyre is doing.

The bike is now in need of new tyres and front brake pads; which will both be replaced in the coming weeks. Other than fresh oil the bike will be pretty much ready to go for its next excursion on track whenever that might be.

"With decreased DTC and the engine in 'SLICK' the result is the ability to the slide the rear tyre under hard acceleration on corner exit which is great fun."

Hi ryan, were you able to regain traction with momentum, without the TC at all? What level DTC did you set? Cheers.

Dynamic Traction Control

I had the DTC set at -7 which was fine until the rear tyre was extremely worn and you could feel the traction control and DDC fighting to keep the bike moving forward. Once the rear tyre had completely gone off by the end of the day the bike had become a bit of a handful and DTC needed to be increased significantly to settle things down.

Paddock Stands

If your referring to the static picture in the previous post; that was taken at the end of the day whilst packing my tyre warmers and generator away. I have several front paddock stands make by Harris Performance which I've been using for the last 15 years.

alpha Racing

A small addition from alpha Racing has arrived this weekend...

we're these from Germany or a uk distributer? they seem reasonably priced but shipping a bit on expensive side from Germany!

alpha Racing

The UK distributor for alpha Racing products is Prime Factors Racing. You need to use the main alpha Racing website and then send the part numbers that you require to the email address below. They will then source them directly from Germany on your behalf thereby avoiding the substantial shipping costs to the UK.

http://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index
[email protected]

Re: alpha Racing

The UK distributor for alpha Racing products is Prime Factors Racing. You need to use the main alpha Racing website and then send the part numbers that you require to the email address below. They will then source them directly from Germany on your behalf thereby avoiding the substantial shipping costs to the UK.

http://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index
[email protected]

Was talking with Bruce (Prime Factors Racing) at the bmw/tyco day and he was saying due to endurance racing they were partaking in their website regarding alpha is a bit behind.

Prime Factors Racing

I was told exactly the same thing and everytime I have dealt with them their customer service has been extremely good. Either way the entire alpha Racing parts catalogue is available to order through them.

Latest posts

Back