Best unexpected Mod??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig_RR

Reaction score
Evening all 😀

I've been living with the S1000RR now for about a month and I'm absolutely loving it and I think I've only had one dry run out too!!

I'm now starting to compile a list of bits to change and tweak etc.....hence my question above!

What's been your best unexpected mod? One that you feel has made the most difference....looks/handling/whatever really. Or something you feel all owners should do.

Would be interesting to see what people feel has been the best mod they have done :)

Look forward to seeing what you think, and if I can rob a bank I might just be able to buy some bits haha

Thanks!

Suspension Setup

Forget about everything and have your suspension setup professionally. Absolutely essential if you want to get the most from your bike whether you ride on the road or track.

+1 to what Ryan says.

If you mean physical mods to the bike in terms of hardware then I'd say exhaust can every time. It's the single best mod anyone ever does to the bike. It can transform the noise, the riding experience, the power (maybe), and the asthetics, all in one go.

Edit - it can also save a significant amount of weight.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! Unexpected was probably the wrong word to use Haha, more of a 'what mod surprised you the most?'

Either way I do have a rather nice akra slip on already 😀

So suspension will be on the cards!....anybody recommend a place Buckinghamshire/Oxfordshire way??

Cheers Alex, i shall contact HM Racing and go from there.

But definitely, suspension has always been my most surprising mod ( my old 1098s and cbr250rr once setup were different bikes altogether)

Also if you're happy with the rearset position, the Gilles aftermarket pegs stop any unwanted slippages!

Re: Suspension Setup

Ry, did you take your bike to MCT and have them set up the suspension with you sitting on it, i.e. a 'dynamic' set up?

Or did you send the suspension parts (forks, shock) over to them.

Reason I ask is that MCT is a long drive for me, I live in Devon.

MCT Suspension

All my suspension work was done at MCT as they are locally based. I've since worked on the base settings they provided over the course of a couple of seasons. You can also remove your forks and rear shock and send them directly to them. I will be doing this when I send mine in for a service and oil refresh. MCT are exceptionally busy at the moment as the Club and National race seasons are about to start. I would expect to wait up to several months for an appointment or for any work to be done should you send your suspension to them.

Re: MCT Suspension

Hi Ry,

Yes, I had planned to send mine, but the bike has already been shipped to Spain so I have missed my chance.

I don't really have any problem with the DDC as I am about the average weight the bike is sprung for.

I will plan to send the suspension over to them at the end of the season.

Thanks for the advice.

Evening all [emoji3]

I've been living with the S1000RR now for about a month and I'm absolutely loving it and I think I've only had one dry run out too!!

I'm now starting to compile a list of bits to change and tweak etc.....hence my question above!

What's been your best unexpected mod? One that you feel has made the most difference....looks/handling/whatever really. Or something you feel all owners should do.

Would be interesting to see what people feel has been the best mod they have done :)

Look forward to seeing what you think, and if I can rob a bank I might just be able to buy some bits haha

Thanks!

For me it's been the heavier bar end waits, stop the buzzing completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I changed my levers to the gillies hp ones, once I wiped away the tears from the cost and used them I felt a difference, I hated the clutch lever before.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It was the bitubo forks for me, but like others have said , it wasnt really a surprise

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back