Barnstormer Maidenhead closing next week

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lind closed just as quickly. Chester Motorrad moved to ... KTM i think...

As that email showed, Maidenhead was originally in Bracknell. I went in there th day after I passed my big bike test to enquire about the F800ST. No, the salesman said, you want a GSA... ***** no I don't, thought I, and went to Vines and got the 800...

I'd love to know what happened between them and Chris Eades as the Motoline joint venture came to a crashing halt and he now gets bikes from Vines.

This where I got my s1k. Shame as the guys at Maidenhead were helpful knowledgeable nice guys. So much so every service was a 150 mile round trip! Gutted!

I'd love to know what happened between them and Chris Eades as the Motoline joint venture came to a crashing halt and he now gets bikes from Vines.
Vines hold all the marketing bikes as the UK head office is near to Guildford, may have something to do with that, given how much work he does with BMW these days he grew closer to 'corporate'. However I agree that he didn't sound happy about whatever happened. I hope bikeracer does meet up with him :)

Last edited:
Vines hold all the marketing bikes as the UK head office is near to Guildford, may have something to do with that, given how much work he does with BMW these days he grew closer to 'corporate'. However I agree that he didn't sound happy about whatever happened. I hope bikeracer does meet up with him :)
I’ve known chris for a long time, I’ll discuss it with him next year. Already discussed this with Alister who owns Barnstormer Alton & Maidenhead.

Never done business with Bahnstormer.
Always gone to Vines, got a good relationship with the guys there.
Having said that, I would never buy a bike from them as they are overpriced and parts I get from a relative who works at head office.

There is a lot of talks in BMW currently, I did work for a big BMW group up to 6 months back and my very good friend is the Franchise Director for the group. In 2025 there is something coming called Agency Retail.
This means that every car and motorbike sold by the dealer they lose there margin and get a sort of handling fee if that makes sense, Merc did it two years back. This is going to be a big game changer on profitability for the big groups. This is why you may see a few dealers go or get swallowed up by the big players. The group I worked for are one of the biggest in the UK and they are being pushed to take on more bike dealers but they don't work with regards to profit so there is big push back on the brand currently.
They are happy to take them and even build new sites but they are waiting for BMW to join the party and offer support to incentive them. There has been discussions about even having cross over from cars to bikes having the same salesman for cars and bikes as stand alone bike dealer with sales execs and manager and tech, parts people just dose not work financially but there is concern about passion to sell as most Car salesman are not bikers or even ride a bike. And these big groups are all about the numbers and the car trade is a very difficult place currently and a lot of changes. It will sort its self out but just going through a lot of changes and over the last 34 years i have done long stints with BMW and has been my favorite brand by a long way.

@mattals That's interesting. With regards to sales people, I wouldn't want to deal with a sales person with zero biking experience. But then again I usually know what I want.

I've dealt with bike sales people with plenty of experience, and some have have been real d1ckheads.

Latest posts

Back