Bahnstormer Motorrad

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just wanted to say how helpful I have found them, I have not got my 2015rr of them as they are at the other end of the country to me but have spoke to them a few times about the bike because my local dealer did not know all the Q&As I was asking and BMW Motorrad told me to phone them which I did and found them more than helpful.
The reason I have started this post is because a few of you have said you have had Discounts offered on accessories and my deal even though have done me a great deal on the bike has not offered me anything on accessories so thought I would ask Bahnstormer if it was a promotion thing at all dealers, the said if I let them know what I am after they would see what they could do for me which I think is a good gesture by them. And one of the best things I have seen out of the BMW dealer network so far.

Dean

I spoke to Alton about the spec and who ever runs the twitter account about the accessories discount and both where more than helpful I think as I never ordered my bike from them.

twice the bike went back for false neutral shift assist issues, no help from service manager jodi, and still not rectified.

That's bad to here and maybe you need to get in touch with BMW UK about it, I can only comment on how helpful they have been to me so much so that they contacted me today with a good price on the stuff I am after.

Dean

twice the bike went back for false neutral shift assist issues, no help from service manager jodi, and still not rectified.
Jodie is a complete knob end if you ever need stuff to by pass him deal directly with Alistair their MD

Interesting points of view. I tried last September to get a response from Bhanstormer to my request for information on a potential purchase of a brand new one of the previous models. Admittedly I'd left it late in the day. Asked re availability etc. but they didn't respond at all. Maybe they had none but would they not see that as an opportunity to sell me one of the new 2015 models come Springtime?

Bought from Nathan in Oxford in the end - who got it sorted in 4 days from test ride to collection.

Whilst on Bahnstormer, has anyone had experience of the Maidenhead one as that's the nearest dealer to where I live.

Cheers
Simon

Very interested to hear this as was going to use them as my dealer. Got a great quote from them for fitting an Akropovic exhaust but if the service manager is shit may re think and go to the dealer in Dorchester who's name eludes me now.

Regards Steve

I have been in touch with my dealer about a few bling bits and he has said he will match what Bahnstormers have quoted but he does not know how there doing it as he is losing money!
So I can only say the contact I have had with them over phone and net has been 1st,but never been to the dealer or in the show room. I find the Net is the show room these days , then contact the dealer when see what I like.
They do a really good feed on twitter and all the youtube clips of the 2015 rr have been supplied by them, I asked my Dealer about his twitter account that has not been used since Nov and was told Twitter is not really a BMW owners thing!!
Its a good job they have done me a good deal on the bike or I would of walked, I am buying one of the latest technical advanced bikes on the market and the dealer does not even do multi media, may be it the Gsxr / Rg man still in me lol.

Dean

I live within 15 miles of the Alton branch. Every time I went in there on my Gixer they just ignored me. And their second hand prices on RRs were astronomical. So I bought my bike from Vines in Guildford who couldnt have been any more helpful and gave me an awesome deal on my RR. Mine had to get some warranty work on the sump plug done and I took it to Bahnstormer who grudginly booked it in, but only after I said I'd get it serviced there! They seem to be popular because BvG likes them. And if you are a GS rider they love you!

I did banter them on facetube about a clip of a 2015 RR demo bike crawling past their dealership (using the pit lane limiter function) - and to their credit the MD immediately answered and then emailed me (as he had my details on his database) enquiring whether I wanted a test ride. So maybe the MD is ok and its just the rest of the staff who cant be bothered, preferring to rely on the income from the GS crowd, which I'm sure is where they make most of their profit from.

Top tip - try Vines in Guildford - top blokes and a great dealership (and I live the other side of Bahnstromers from them!)

I have to agree with chorsley,when I had my little issue with the front brake the service manager didn't seem to care, I told Steve(top bloke btw) and he got Alistair on the case and he could not have done more for me! They will Deffo get more trade from me.

The guys at Maidenhead are the b0ll0x! The head tech Rob and service manager Terry know their products, totally give a shit about the service they offer and are trackday pros - think Rob's just got his race license. Sales chap there is Dean who tried to do a fantastic deal on my 2013 - but not worth me doing after 1 yr pcp.

I'd be very surprised if anyone has had a rough time with these guys ;)

The guys at Maidenhead are the b0ll0x! The head tech Rob and service manager Terry know their products, totally give a shit about the service they offer and are trackday pros - think Rob's just got his race license. Sales chap there is Dean who tried to do a fantastic deal on my 2013 - but not worth me doing after 1 yr pcp.

Cheers, i'll go with them for my 18000 mile service then, as they are just up the road.

Simon

Good to know. Isnt Maidenhead where Steve Jordan's is?

Very interested to hear this as was going to use them as my dealer. Got a great quote from them for fitting an Akropovic exhaust but if the service manager is shit may re think and go to the dealer in Dorchester who's name eludes me now.

Regards Steve
steve, It's CW's at Dorchester . used them for my last service and they were ok. (I did go to buy my S1krr form the Alton branch and they weren't that helpful and didn't seam bothered whether they sold me the bike or not so went else where)

Back