Anyone suffering from really poor paint on tail unit?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alps Pacino

Reaction score
Within weeks of having my bike the paint had completely worn down to the plastic at each corner at the front of the seat cowl. Basically due to the removal and fitting of the rear seat cowl. It also had very thin paint where the upper section meets the lower section all the way round. It was replaced under warranty but after its done it again and its only got just over 3k on the bike. Now it has worn through on one side a bubble has appeared on the rear of the upper section and it appears that at the 2 points at the very back either side of the light there is no paint on that at all but guessing that was like it all along and just not noticed. You can also rub with your nail and remove the paint on the casting line that runs around the rear top section.

The thing is after the first problem I put quite a bit of 3m film on places and its still rubbed through where I couldn't get the 3m tape due to corners etc so I was wondering is it just me being really unlucky or is the finish on the bike really that bad?

Mine has only worn through where both corners rubbed on the floor when I let it fall over - doh!

Badly stone chipped underneath though.

Yeah mine had stone chips underneath after the 30 mile ride home when I first bought it so covered the whole of the underneath with 3m film so this one has survived. Its just the top that's shockingly thin and mega poor quality.

I'm hoping the tail unit will get replaced again under warranty and I think its going to be time to sell up and try something different maybe a Norton commando café racer.

i got a boot rub on my near side rear just by the pillion seat.
right down to the black plastic.

talk about pissed off

Rear cowl right side corner caught my boot twice - paint gone..... thin paint makes it lighter -no?

Yeah so did I and the second one had done exactly the same again in under 3k of riding. Makes you think how tatty they will look when they are 6 7 years old

Back