Anyone going to the Motorcycle Show at the NEC?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
I'm probably going on the Thursday. Lots of good exhibitors. Not been before.

Nope. Its been getting smaller and worse year by year, and seems to have shrunk again this year. First time I won't be going for ages.

There's about 15 of us going up in a minibus on the 30th November :)

24th...Monday , it was very shit last year , it'll be the death knoll if its shit this year.....

Nope. Its been getting smaller and worse year by year, and seems to have shrunk again this year. First time I won't be going for ages.

We talking about the same show? :)

It had contracted a couple of years ago, but last year was bigger than the previous few and was a good show - this year looks busier still. Gone are the days you go to the bike show to pick up bargains, mind, so if that's what you're looking for you'll be disappointed. If it's to see fun stage stuff, sit on lots of new bikes, see lots of kit at decent (basically internet) prices, then it's a really good show.

It had contracted a couple of years ago, but last year was bigger than the previous few and was a good show - this year looks busier still. Gone are the days you go to the bike show to pick up bargains, mind, so if that's what you're looking for you'll be disappointed. If it's to see fun stage stuff, sit on lots of new bikes, see lots of kit at decent (basically internet) prices, then it's a really good show.

Completely agree, ive been going for nearly 20 years and imo your right it dipped a few years ago but last years was great. J&S were selling off leathers, boots and gloves for silly money, all be end of season gear.............

I'm going on the 23rd...BIG shopping list... gloves, new leathers for the kids (although they don't like going any distance on the S1), I want real rider to make their app work on my phone *sigh*, new boots, crash protection, AGV Corsa (so I can go a bit faster without my head blowing off)...and/ or a double bubble screen, tank guard as it's now wrapped...here you go...they even did the BMW symbol...aaaah!....maybe I'll take a lorry...so if you see me and my daughter (she looks like me) with 5000 bags please say hello!

20131031_162502_resized.jpg

When you said you were having it wrapped in pink i knew i'd like it, but i actually love it. Looks brill. Any colour other than motorsport looks good, but that makes me dislike my yellow now

I'm going on the 23rd...BIG shopping list... gloves, new leathers for the kids (although they don't like going any distance on the S1), I want real rider to make their app work on my phone *sigh*, new boots, crash protection, AGV Corsa (so I can go a bit faster without my head blowing off)...and/ or a double bubble screen, tank guard as it's now wrapped...here you go...they even did the BMW symbol...aaaah!....maybe I'll take a lorry...so if you see me and my daughter (she looks like me) with 5000 bags please say hello!

Is that with hubbies credit card by any chance?? :)

Last edited:
When you said you were having it wrapped in pink i knew i'd like it, but i actually love it. Looks brill. Any colour other than motorsport looks good, but that makes me dislike my yellow now

You could have mebbie got a discount for wrapping two the same colour ...... :love-struck:

Is that with hubbies credit card by any chance?? :)
I wish! Hubby's going to have to get his own road bike! Talking of which we have a race spec 190bhp GSXR1000K6 in the garage if anyone's interested...He's moved on to boxing now...

I agree with Mr Zilla is was much much smaller last year than the year before , and last year it was inflated because the of the space took up by indoor bike training......
Am optimistic it will be good though....

I agree with Mr Zilla is was much much smaller last year than the year before , and last year it was inflated because the of the space took up by indoor bike training......
Am optimistic it will be good though....

I know what you're saying, but I went in what I consider to be the worst year (when Honda didn't even bother to show up) and it was night and day compared to that. Yes, the manufacturers are bringing less blingy, smaller stands, but all the major ones are there with all their models. There is a contraction of all the guys selling nasty cheap leathers, as it's too expensive for them when they've got eBay, but there's still a lot of decent clothing and kit there on top of all of the bikes. I do think the additional stuff, like the stage shows etc, have got better and better too.

It's all down to what you're going for. Lots and lots of stands selling the same things, or lots of bikes to look at in the flesh with a selection of stuff to buy that you won't just find cheaper on eBay? Maybe its less of a buying show now and more of a looking show...

I went the last day last year. Made a mistake as well.

Was offered the helmet below in those colours for £450. But it would have to be delivered as they hadn't my size in stock. I decided to have a wander round first and then couldnt be arsed going back to pay for it. :ambivalence:

p27_laseca%20tc-2_b.jpg

Went a few years ago and was well dissappointed, havnt been since. At least excel is closer to waste a day, i'm close to channel tunnel.

Back