Almeria 19 May 3 days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
Never done a Euro track day. Just trying to gather information/ costs, etc. but looking to book this week.

What else do I need to consider please ?

Tyres would be 2 x rear and 1x front
Service would be worse case costs

Thanks in advance

Will be looking through the forum to get a checklist of what to take too. (I?ve see it somewhere)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8ab77e2da0223832c17eb9219e72c639.jpg

Probably want to include a hire car for daily transport from hotel to track - it's in the middle of a desert. Easiest to arrange to collect it at whatever airport you are arriving at.

Alex had a checklist of trackday items to take that he posted on here somewhere.

Its a good track. You'll have a great time.

I heard Rob that FE now have a hotel that is only 10 mins away from the circuit. That would be fantastic and hopefully no need for a car.

The circuit is a 30-40minute DRIVE from the hotel. No idea what this 10 minute option is...

What's the ?1810 cost at the top. A single trip event isn't that much?

I heard Rob that FE now have a hotel that is only 10 mins away from the circuit. That would be fantastic and hopefully no need for a car.

The hotel that FE normally use is in Mojacar which depending on how you drive is about 45min from the track. FE optimistically describe it as 30 minutes.
Mojacar is actually quite a nice little seaside town with an interesting historic old town at the top of a hill. Has decent reastaurants and some things to do if not on track (possible that there might be odd wet days when track not much fun).

The track is out in the middle of the Tabernas desert. The nearest towns are Sorbas and Tabernas which are both about 15 minutes DRIVE from the circuit. There is no useful public transport to/from circuit.

I did see a recent e-mail from FE saying that there was an option for a small (8 guest) hotel 15 minutes from the track. I think this is very unlikely to be 15 minute walk. More likely a 25 minute drive based on FEs optimism about Mojacar. Before banking on not needing a car I would check out exactly where this hotel is. If you end up having to book a last-minute car hire out there, it will be MUCH more expensive than booking ahead from the UK.

Last edited:

It's called La Cueva, it's the usual hotel for FE and Tony from TrackSense. It's run down and shit. Last November it was out of electricity for one evening from 7pm till next day.

Nolimits usually stays at Hotel Jerez, which is much better

It's called La Cueva, it's the usual hotel for FE and Tony from TrackSense. It's run down and shit. Last November it was out of electricity for one evening from 7pm till next day.

Nolimits usually stays at Hotel Jerez, which is much better

thats the hotel at jerez not Almeria,unless theres one at almeria with the same name?

Im doing my first euro at portimao with redline in may (1 space left ;))

2nd what everyone has said with the car. Find out for sure what your doing on that front. Also car gets hell of alot more pricey closer to the date. Dont take out the excess insurance with them if you do. Its usually a rip off.

You can buy excess insurance external to the hire company alot cheaper.

I've been creating a long list too for what i need to take. It helps to write out your manifest for the carnet anyway to help gauge what you need.

You can probably also relax a little if your going with someone as chances are if you forgot something your buddy will probably of got it.

Maybe add 1 set of new pads before you leave & a spare just incase.

Thanks for the input... change of venue... now off to Portimao...booked and paid so no turning back now :). 25th June with Focussed Events if anyone else will be there, give me a nudge.. can share costs where applicable. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back