Almeria 16-19 Feb 2017

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Mac I'm afraid
I know you've spent an awful lot on it and it looks absolutely gorgeous but if it's unreliable it's just going to keep breaking your heart
My bike has had so many issues that I'm getting rid of it later on in the year, there's just no point if you don't trust it
Onward and upward

Ryan, yes all channels cut at the same time its the pre cut 'wobble' by the yaw that's consistent before each off.
I know what was doing when it cut each time in the 100miles. And it wasn't that!

- Sent from Mobile

Just getting on my flight. Will start fresh tomorrow on the plans going fwd.

Anyone wanting to buy my place at Andalucia 10-13 Mar...i'm pretty keen to sell it, can xfer flights too. Out on 9th back on 13th. (Gatwick Almeria)

- Sent from Mobile

Data Analysis

On a positive note at least you've had some benefit from having a datalogger fitted if indeed that is what's causing the issue.

Been doing some more investigations.

Where does the trail end? I've stuck lots of data in my dropbox. Anyone with the datalogger software can take a look. There's pretty pictures and vids for the rest ;) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/14ahsry5ps8uerj/AAA7w2YgKr1yxLdVryts8WLka?dl=0

But just looking at this one, zoomed in you can at 115:15 the grip position (the signal from the throttle grip - orange) drops to zero and stays there. The speed starts to drop. At 115:18:75 gear position is not reported (clutch in). Then at 115:20:25 the YAW spaz's and the banking GPS goes dead.

Both TPS sensors were replaced by BMW. So I don't know if this still just a symptom. But do both TPS sensors cover the grip sensor? Most drive-by-wire systems have 2 sensors in total, one does the grip the other the throttle body itself. (This allows the EMS to do more sensible things like control intake velocity at low rpms - this is Drive-by-wire's advantage).

Anyway - I guess I'm saying I will try the Speed Sensor (3-Axis) but my smoking gun is less smoky...as the bizarre activity could be post cut.

data6.jpg

For sh1ts and giggles this is the Google earth map of that run :D I like these loggers :D

map of 18th run.JPG

Just getting on my flight. Will start fresh tomorrow on the plans going fwd.

Anyone wanting to buy my place at Andalucia 10-13 Mar...i'm pretty keen to sell it, can xfer flights too. Out on 9th back on 13th. (Gatwick Almeria)
Holy shit mate! Just come across your post... what a fucker, thats crap luck bud and sorry to hear.

I was looking forward to catching up in Almeria and swapping notes...

Best of luck getting it sorted; have you made your mind up not to go?

I paid for a hire bike for 3 days today. So I'll be there, one way or the other 10-13March. I need some practice whatever else.

I paid for a hire bike for 3 days today. So I'll be there, one way or the other 10-13March. I need some practice whatever else.
Is that with FE?
I hired a 600 for half a day at Andalusia, was tempted to hire a BMW but there is no cap if you crash it so you're liable for all the damage.
Played on my mind even on the 600

Sent from ma phone Galaxy S7

Alex, great news chap - when you flying out?

Im leaving Gatwick on Thursday lunchtime...

Look forward to catching up!

How's the bike?

I think I'm on the 7:xx to Almeria Thursday morning. My boss is in charge of hire cars etc.

Are you room sharing with an unknown?

- Sent from Mobile

No,not exactly.The main reason(apart from some sun)is to service the bike etc..Then,hopefully,get a couple of days on Andalucia.

Yeah I gathered - just pulling your leg. Payment is made anyway - I'm looking forward to learning on a 600...lower terminal speeds so can concentrate on corner entry and carrying speed.

Back