Almeria 16-19 Feb 2017

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update alex?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Speaking to Phil at the moment. The fudge on the connector for the ignition didn't keep it running. Though I did enjoy 50mins going up and down a mountain pass. Only 3 stoppages in 50mins was quite good!

The fudge, to explain, is to bridge pins one and 3 (the only wires) of a small plug on the back of the ignition. (There's a 4 wire plug and a 2 wire plug). Using a thickish piece of wire I completed the connection, so it wasn't relying on the microswitch in the ignition anymore.

This hasn't resolved it.

Additionally, Phil strongly advised me to disconnect the lamda sensors from the stock ECU to allow the Bazzaz to do its job without fighting the ecu. Makes sense; an ECU has a base map, when the lamda's are disconnected the ECU defaults to that. Its then up to the Bazzaz to add the fuel necessary to correct the base map, without the ECU trying to use the O2 readings to compensate.

I'm surprised John(trackelectronics) didn't tell you to disconnect them.I'm sure he would've done when he mapped it.

Probably a stupid question but,have you tried playing around with the sidestand switch?

Awww. Thats what I get for posting at midnight after driving all day... sorry mate I must have jumped 2 pages..... Ive just caught up proper, thats actually a nightmare.

I remember only too well last June, hope you get it fixed.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Noticed something in the datalogs for the yaw sensor. I've got a guy out with my datalogger later to see if the yaw readings are similar for him, as to the naked untrained eye they appear erratic on mine for what was a straight road.

As you can see from the picture the yaw goes very quickly back a forth a specific amount. Then the cut happens (straight line).

Closest thing I have to a lead. Might need a new gyro if that's it.

yaw.JPG

beded541cbf720392ecde2e96f5e0c6e.jpg

Could be worse :)

- Sent from Mobile

Glad you are making the most a PITA moment Alex, hope you get to the root of the problem. Seems a long time to persevere with it but I guess that shows the emotional ties we have with our bikes.

If it was a car, I suspect it would be traded in by now.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

JimmyMac

Noticed something in the datalogs for the yaw sensor. I've got a guy out with my datalogger later to see if the yaw readings are similar for him, as to the naked untrained eye they appear erratic on mine for what was a straight road.

As you can see from the picture the yaw goes very quickly back a forth a specific amount. Then the cut happens (straight line).

Closest thing I have to a lead. Might need a new gyro if that's it.

View attachment 2259

Is that the 2D data logger Alex?

I do like the look of that, i will be on the hunt for one. Thanks Alex.

Never studied the yaw Alex so couldn't put it into anything relative I'm afraid. Sorry :-(
I wish I could give you feedback on it.

Data Analysis

Have you checked the other data channels? If the bike is cutting out and resulting in complete electrical failure I would assume that there would be no data to record on the other channels for the same period of time hence the flat line on the analysis graph. By overlaying the data channels for the same timespan it may help you ascertain whether or not it's a sensor causing the electrical fault.

When you fitted the HP Datalogger to another S1000RR did you reconfigure it first? If not the data you receive for comparison may not be entirely accurate.

Can you not just unplug?

Back