Alex - S1000RR - 2012 - Black

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah your thinking of the Monopoly promo where you can win another frothy coffee OR a gen3 S1000RR, I think that comes around again in March...

Yeah but at least it'll be on a '17 plate, you know I rode along no hands for ages with the cruise on trying to get mine to turn right, wouldn't do it - think there must be something wrong with it

You're sitting on it all wrong ;) (Just joking if you're reading this and really suffering it :D )

Nah it's not that, I think its because mines an early 64 plater, hasn't got all the assistance packages see, you'll be fine on your '17 plate because as you start to veer to the right all you'll have to do is put your right hand on the bar, pull the lever and the ABS pro plus will slow you down and prevent you from crashing. On mine with std ABS I'd crash if I did that that's why it'll only go in a straight line when you have to go no hands for a while..

Last edited:
So the fault code is for the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).
Bazzaz has been removed. Testing should be complete. Looking to have an update tomorrow.

- Sent from Mobile

Did AJ provide that fault code info or the place it's at now? Seems to have taken forever to read a fault code?

I think AJ's promised the engineer would get in touch but the dates kept going back. Finally it happened and he had nothing. So TE had to book in with Lind BMW locally. Farce. Should have done that from the start.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
That would suggest to me that the tps sensor fault has happened since you got the bike back from AJ. They wouldn't give you the bike back if they found a fault code like that without a conversation with you first.

Well it wasn't helpful to not note them. But as he soldered the tps tap in point at AJ I can understand him thinking it would be sorted.
Now they have removed the bazzaz to rule it in or out. Tps would explain the sh*t up shifts I had at times.

- Sent from Mobile

Bike fault.
TPS failure without Bazzaz.
Going to Lind BMW asap. Shame AJ's didn't pick this up but I understand why.

This is going to be expensive now as TE would have done their work for free if it was their issue. :/

Snetterton, 8th, looks like I'll be on a loaner from Bins (who's kindly offered me an F800)...unless I can some how wangle a loan bike from Lind lol

Last edited:
Errors:
004E26 - Throttle Valve Sensor Failure
004E2B - Monitoring Electronic Throttle Valve Sensor Failure

It's likely the first causes the second.

Lind can't take it until Tuesday...hooray...sigh...

It's like this: But not so consistent. As in you could ride for an hour then have a failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z8cmD4NF50

There was a definite problem with the Bazzaz wiring too as those at Moffat will attest. So it's a combination of things. The Bazzaz will be refitted once the TPS is fixed.

Also the BikeTrac Tracker has been replaced and the bike is reporting in again.

Last edited:
TPS Fault

Hopefully once Lind Motorrad have fixed it that will completely resolve the issue for you.

Sheesh!! feel for you dude, just read from start to finish, bike is stunning, hope you get issues sorted soon

Back