Alex - S1000RR - 2012 - Black

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I know John has a great rep. Its just when you look at the graph it can be a little 'eh?'.

She works well whatever else!

Anglesey 2016 James Whitham Day 2 - inconsistent riding as I was knackered...but it gives you a flavour of the track.

Anyone able to determine if this is good or bad? Hot or cold tear? Or in the right ballpark?

Attachments

• image-2743686589.jpg
    image-2743686589.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Yeah I've looked at that, but it's still not wholly apparent to me, I think it's cold tear mainly, but it's light. 26psi cold tyre pressure. Metzeler RR K3. I'll try it again at Donington.

The front, needs a bit more weight on it gauging from that or just another psi out of it.

Last edited:
Looks great alex. Even wear. Not too hot but enough heat. No gouging out. Be very happy

No,that's fine Alex.The markings are just pickup from the track.

Could do with being a bit more worn on the edge though!!!!!

Last edited:
Small update:

To date this year I've been to; Snetterton, Anglesey (2 days), Snetterton, Donington, Cadwell Park...and up until that point she hadn't missed a beat, riding to and from the circuits, including the 10hr meander from Anglesey to London.

After Cadwell, Soof and I started our mini tour of the borders, with the highlight of the 'eventful' Moffat meet! Unfortunately, when the meet day arrived I was on day 2 suffering an electrical gremlin, which would ultimately curtail all the fun.

Symptoms; I'd be riding along trying to catch up usually, when all of a sudden the engine ignition would just cut. The bike would then only restart if I keyed off and on....fun at 70mph I can tell you, and probably less fun if you're following. I got quite adept at cut, clutch in, arm up (warning), key off, key on, starter, blam...and away we go. Sometimes it was once an hour others it was 3 times in a minute. A loose connection was the obvious culprit. And indeed moving the switched ignition wire for the Bazzaz sitting in the tail could induce a cut. JimmyMac had a good check over it in the carpark at Port Patrick, we tried to stabilise the wire with tape and even a spare sock, but she still would cut out. By the end of that very long Moffat day, I was stressed, Soof was too but being a properly supportive and patient mate at all times. We decided to knock it on the head and return to his. Straight down the A1 for 2hrs... that was not fun. A tow truck was the sensible option but, hell, we made it.

I jumped on a train home, having dumped my bike at Soof's. He arranged for Allan Jefferies to pick the bike up whilst I was away in Romania. AJ's checked over the Bazzaz wiring and hard soldered in the tapped connections (3 under the tank and the switched ign under in the tail).

I picked the bike up on Saturday the 8th of July. Rode towards my folks home in Norwich, got down the A1 in filthy weather. 100miles clocked up, just passed Sleaford I stopped for a long coffee break and to dry off a bit. The rest of the journey would be dry. But, 10mins after stopping the gremlin appeared - on an overtake...my favourite kind! :sigh: (I noted that it was now dry and warmer, the bike had heatsoaked whilst stationary etc etc...moving the Bazzaz wiring had no ill effect.)

I carried on to Norwich...skip on a few days and I got the bike back to the Bazzaz installer Track Electronics. They've had her ever since and have been prodding and probing on the dyno but couldn't make it happen... took her out and got a reaction when giving it some stick. I know yesterday they took it to BMW for fault code reading etc...but ultimately to date its not diagnosed.

Any way, this update was to say, bought some new brake pads :)
Performance Friction Compound 95
Had a long discussion over e-mail with the sales girl @pfc late last year and decided then that when I was ready I would try the compound 95's out and so here they are, hopefully ready for Snetterton on the 8th...if the rest of the bike works :/

2016-07-28%2023.04.38_zps976oahik.jpg

Ok I lied - long update.

Last edited:
If anyone wants the PFC contact details I'll post them up. They were ?131 delivered next day. Which is quite a lot for an experiment.

Ill second your frustration Alex being with you at the Moffatt run.

Thats a total nightmare so far, I dont know anything about Bazzazz products so forgive my ignorance, ive just looked them up theres a few different products. Can I ask why dont you simply remove it rather than persevere and did I read right that its still with the installers ? Christ mate you've the patience of a saint.

Stuart

stuarts phone

Last edited:
If anyone wants the PFC contact details I'll post them up. They were ?131 delivered next day. Which is quite a lot for an experiment.

I've never tried PF pads on a bike but I fitted PF discs and pads to a Mitsubishi Evo 8 I owned and they were incredible, in fact in tests the MLR forum found they performed as well as an AP caliper / disc set up. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with them. Re your bike I admire your perseverance but for what its worth I'm with Stu, I think I'd remove it and go for a plan B

Last edited:
Forgot to add the tracker from BikeTrac is being replaced too, its dead. Its never worked as I'd expected so think there was a glitch to start with.
BikeTrac have been quick to act once informed of the situation. (No updates on the tracking portal).

Yes, pulling the bazzaz out is a last resort. But right now there's no guarantee its involved, they have a week to decide/test.

Re: PFC. I've heard nothing but good either. C95 is supposed to have medium initial bite and be nice and stable through the temp ranges. The C13 would probably be the choice if doing 4 days in Spain.

- Sent from Mobile

Solution:

Get bike back.
Park it up in London somewhere while you go get a double choco latte super creamy coffee thingy.
Head straight to BMW dealer on foot and buy a new bike with the insurance from it being stolen.

Simples.

Fast forward a few weeks to a new forum member who joins with a track bike that cuts out intermittently.......

Last edited:
Good plan, and with the change from your frothy coffee purchase you could cover the first payment on the PCP :smile-new:

Back