acu test day

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Couple of us had a trackday and acu test booked at Brands yesterday 28th. What a friggin day to have it! 2 fallen trees on the way, 45min detour to get there and pi$$in down lol. Even had wagon on track clearing the water, leaves etc. With the strong winds a dry line started to emerge by the time track was open. I think if it wasnt for the test i probably would have gone home in case i dropped before spain... Had a session and a half before the rain came down again then had an early lunch before 'classroom' session. Have to say if you fail the written there has to be something seriously wrong with you. Thats about an hour, then out on track for riding assessment and guess what, started pi$$ing down again:biggrin-new:. Now rain doesnt generally bother me but when you get wind in the equasion thats different. 3 times coming down from druids into graham hill bend (left hander) i lost the front because the wind was left to right there and friggin strong, you could feel it unload and pick up the front then dump it 2 feet away:concern: ! Bearing in mind this was at prob half pace, more upright and one of the failures the examiner said was falling off lol. Paddock bend was similar, start finish straight wind was behind carrying you in there quicker than normal, tipping in, down hill, off camber and again being pushed wide by the wind. I usually do 2tanks of fuel at brands during the day, yesterday i didnt get through one. Anyway, alls good, we got through and in one piece !! Roll on spain in a few weeks time ! :Banane35:

Almeria, 1st euro so looking forwood to it ! Any advice would be welcome re track, whats to do off track etc.....

I'll let you know, I'm off there at 4am for 6 days.
4 days on track whit Tracksense and a session with Simon Crafar :)

Almeria - Simon Crafar has a DVD Circuit guide available for Almeria via motovudu.com

I found it really useful watching it a few times as it really helped me learn the track.

Niven770 - Hope you get good weather and enjoy the track. I've had a session with Simon before. I found his coaching invaluable, I hope you do too.

And if you'd made the effort to get out to Almeria, see if you can get to Motorland Aragon. It's close by and is a great track. I'll be there next week for 3 days. Fingers crossed for warm, dry weather.

Ive only just got home from Portimao, bike isn't even back yet and yet I'm already jealous of you guys going over to Europe for your track days. Well done on passing your ACU Keith - i had snow at Cadwell for mine so rain doesn't seem too bad you big girls blouse - LOL, only kidding!!!! Enjoy Almeria and stay safe kiddo! Steve

Latest posts

Back