Oulton 19/20 April

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Nice to get 2 good days of weather for a change, last time I spent 5hrs getting there it rained both days.
Met up with Alex, just seen Stuart was there also, didn't realise Stuart, hope you had a good day. 20th was a bit hairy due to BSB test day on the Thursday and some were using the Wednesday as a warm up !
Starting to gel a little more with the bike, was on scrubbed compk (rear) and although there was plenty of meat, it was spinning up a bit early for drive. When i say spinning up i actually mean tc was flashing on zero setting. Front vo2 was planted ok.
Home in 1 piece which is always a bonus !
Next at the moment is Brands GP June

It was a great day, perfect weather..lot of fast boys out there, good to see. I never knew anyone from the forum was going..typical.

Our first three sessions ended prematurely with three offs fortunately we were on the last lap or two.

And your right, we all arrived home safe and well, always a bonus lol.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Such a challenging track. I have infinite respect for the racers. Very physical and kinda scary in places. The front is off the floor more than its down!

Whilst I was a mobile chicane for the quicker guys it was great being in Advanced...lack of red flags and *I* wasn't getting baulked by slower riders.

BBQ's and beers in the evening were awesome.

Per WhatsApp, sorry we didn't spot you Stu.

Just 6+ seconds to find to be respectable now...just not sure when I will be back.

Onto Brands 6/6 then Portimao 25/6

It is pretty butt clenching in places, I particularly like from Shell Oil corner right up to and including Lodge... then its grip it and hold on to that first corner Old Hall, some of the fast boys take that an incredible speeds.

I definitely lose time on Old Hall, Cascades and Island bends, I always seem to come off the throttle too quickly and find it hard to judge due to that blind rise, its a real bugger of a corner..
b37a3dc85f2fc495d1f62f58a63e71c5.jpg

old hall is such a late turn in, it's almost on the actual apex but get it right and it's full throttle all the way out+down to dentons,but is also a really good place to pass as people always brake far to early there.

island is a bad corner for me,,but thats more doen to testicle size,cascades i'm just shit,everywhere else i'm not to bad

I brake way too soon at Old Hall, need more time down there to get it right.

Island's got that blind crest before you reach it, its a total pain, was definitely improving and taking it wider watching quicker riders..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back