About to purchase first S1000RR and a bit confused lol

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingsly79

Reaction score
Hi all

Having worked for BMW for 12 years in cars and having had bikes the time has come to finally get one... Am very close to ordering either a new one or going for a pre-owned bike. Want to gen up on standard equipment from 2nd gen bikes.... Do all bike come with ABS and drive modes etc? That kind of thing

Simon

You need a 'sport' model for all the toys. Heated grips are the main option and fitted to 90%. Black are the fastest.

- Sent from Mobile

Hi all

Having worked for BMW for 12 years in cars and having had bikes the time has come to finally get one... Am very close to ordering either a new one or going for a pre-owned bike. Want to gen up on standard equipment from 2nd gen bikes.... Do all bike come with ABS and drive modes etc? That kind of thing

Simon

Welcome Simon, you do realise everyone's going to try and be your best mate to get discount on parts don't you! If you can afford a gen3 go for that as while the gen2 is a superb bike the latest evolution is worth the extra - I'm sure you can blag a go on a gen2 and 3 before you buy :smile-new:

The 3rd gen also has up and down quick shift which is awesome.. And cruise control is a brilliant addition to a sports bike imo.

Welcome Simon, you do realise everyone's going to try and be your best mate to get discount on parts don't you! If you can afford a gen3 go for that as while the gen2 is a superb bike the latest evolution is worth the extra - I'm sure you can blag a go on a gen2 and 3 before you buy :smile-new:

Thanks for muddying the waters lol. There was me pretty much set on a gen2, I really like the look of the gen3 and the innovations that come with it. Think I need to give the dealer a call in the morning to discuss the gen3 further. Is cruise control on the gen2 Sport's or is it an option?

Hi Kingsly, you're spilt for choice with the options on the S1000rr, looks like ABS Pro is being fitted as standard on 2016 bikes which would be a ?400 extra on a Gen 2.

Enjoy whatever you buy, there is no bad BMW bike.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Actually Jimmy its 800 on a '12. They have to fit the HP4 gyros too. Hardware and software retrofit.

- Sent from Mobile

So I went for the gen 2 bike, got a 2013 in black with 2040 miles on it. It turned up today...... holy sheeeeet. Thanks for your input chaps.

Latest posts

Back