6000mile first year service

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cally1066

Reaction score
Got my first year service tomorrow what have you guys paid for yours and what jobs do they do to the bike

Got my first year service tomorrow what have you guys paid for yours and what jobs do they do to the bike

£161.29 at Gloucester BMW. No idea what they did, but i was busy and didn't have the time to get to them so they drove 30 odd miles picked bike up and returned it immaculate about 5 hours later.

£161.29 at Gloucester BMW. No idea what they did, but i was busy and didn't have the time to get to them so they drove 30 odd miles picked bike up and returned it immaculate about 5 hours later.

Apologies, monging it there.. That was for the first service, 600 mile run in.

Apologies, monging it there.. That was for the first service, 600 mile run in.

Free at my dealer, in for a couple of hours - I waited and drank free tea and chocky biccies, basic check over I think, fluids, brakes, chain etc, but most importantly took the limiter off.!!

Think my dealer said something about a fixed price of £224?? We haven't got VAT here but if I add that on to what I paid it would be £268 quid ish. When my bike was being done the technician noticed the headstock had come loose, but sorted this free of charge for me.

My 6000 mile service is due in a couple months too, so will be nice to know what they charged you and what was done.

Free at my dealer, in for a couple of hours - I waited and drank free tea and chocky biccies, basic check over I think, fluids, brakes, chain etc, but most importantly took the limiter off.!!

Free??! Did you not have to pay for the oil then?

Free??! Did you not have to pay for the oil then?

hes talking about the running in service at 600 miles. And the most important item at that service is the oil change to get the crap out. Plus it's an hp4 so the running in might have been free from the dealer as goodwill. I paid for mine, think it was about £130 or something at a guess.

hes talking about the running in service at 600 miles. And the most important item at that service is the oil change to get the crap out. Plus it's an hp4 so the running in might have been free from the dealer as goodwill. I paid for mine, think it was about £130 or something at a guess.

Ah ok. What did you guys pay for your first annual service then?

Ah ok. What did you guys pay for your first annual service then?

cant comment on that as bike is less than a year old. To some extent the cost will depend on what the bike needs above standard fluids, I.e. Chain, sprockets, etc, although you should not need them yet.

Yeah, it was an offer from my dealer (Barrie Robson's)

Ended up paying £207 and that's with the brake fluid changed as well, it would have been a few quid more if they had to change the air filter but I got a K&N so no need to change it, quite happy with that

Think mine was about £250ish. That was filters, oil and front and rear brake fluid replaced. They said that was a standard thing to replace the brake fluid. Brakes felt great after it.

It was about £165 for the 1st service, but that was without an air filter change, due my low mileage at the time (it was £47 to have just the air filter supplied & fitted at Clarks Rednal)<br><br>2nd year was £193, as they changed the brake fluids too.

Latest posts

Back