22 wheelie control?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
On my Gen 2 I put it in slick mode after the first service, and left it there until I sold the bike 6 years later. On my 22 Gen 4, I thought I'd turned the wheelie control right down, but it still seems to interfere. Does everything have to be turned off?

I never think its intrusive enough. #scaredycat

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Not sure if you?re meaning intrusive as in cutting power on corner exit or that you want bigger wheelies.

On the Gen 4 this was my findings.

when you are in any of the normal modes it?s intrusive but will allow small wheelies over crests or whilst on the power but it will absolutely not allow for clutch up wheelies.

Iirc when you are in race it is setting 2 for wheelie control, maybe 1, I found this was actually quite good for track and wasn?t too intrusive at all especially if you had the DTC bob on.

If you have 1 set for wheelie control within ride mode pro it will allow bigger wheelies on the power and over crests but it won?t allow for clutch ups.

You need wheelie control off for big stinkers over crests and clutch ups.

Last edited:
I had a 99 R1 and then a K6 GSXR1000, both easy to clutch up in 2nd gear. On my Gen2 I just used power them up in 2nd. I set the wheelie control to 1 on the Gen4, and nothing much happens. Time to turn it off then.

Yeah it won?t come up at all, if it does it?s literally a baw hair, you have to have it switched off for proper wheelies, it will allow for wheelies over crests of hills etc when on it, but if you want to do it properly then you have to have it switched off.

Last edited:
It is big, and it is clever :tickled_pink:. I had the R1 and the K6 on the back wheel every time I rode them. It was surprising how bystanders loved and hated wheelies in equal measure. The clutch on my Gen 2 seemed a bit inconsistent when I tried to clutch it up, so I sort of got out of the wheelie habit a bit, that and a mate got a 2 year ban for doing them.

Latest posts

Back