4th Feb & 19th April 2019 - Focused Events -Almeria

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 4th Feb 2019 - Focused Events -Almeria

i did an almeria 4th feb this year and it snowed during the night and was -1 every morning we arrived. we didnt get out on track until mid morning, i would advise leaving it until mid march or later if you can. love the track though. :)

i did an almeria 4th feb this year and it snowed during the night and was -1 every morning we arrived. we didnt get out on track until mid morning, i would advise leaving it until mid march or later if you can. love the track though. :)
Does depend on the year, I think my first one was late feb. Weather was good...tbh with a first one you want zero worries about weather...so indeed a little later might be safer!

- Alex

Almeria is a great track. Definitely go for it. It can still be a bit cold at beginning of Feb. The track is on a high plateau so is colder than the coast. Nearest town is Tabernas, not Almeria (on coast) if you want to check average temps. I'd go mid March or April.

@Alex - could you send me a copy of your list on what to take. I’m looking at a Euro next year.

Dan

I would suggest leave until March, February can be cold.

Of course, next year may be different, but I am booked for the April 1-3 event in 2019

You need to take:
Basic tool kit in a lockable box, I also put in there my warmers, electrical cables, fuel jug, funnel etc
Chairs
Spare wheels if you have them, or tyres if you don't
Bag with your boots, leathers, helmet, gloves, base layer etc
Paddock stands

Those are the necessary items you will need.

Back